Behind It All

AN: Okay, I know I normally don't do these things at the start, but I just had to get this out.
So, I've been seeing a lot of comments lately about how people think Violet likes Wilbur and seem real surprise when she ends up with Hiro.
Guys, there are many hints she likes Hiro and she sees Wil like a brother. At least in this fic anyway. And the main reason I chose the direction of Hirolet and Penbur as the FF ships were to show that there other ships among the Futuristic Four. Plus, I felt I could get more deeper with this relationships, but that's just me.
So please, I ask that you respect the ships I chose and if it really bothers you, just at least enjoy the story.

Just don't be butt hurt that I didn't do this ship. My fic, my rules.

And now, I give you the next chapter.

__________________________

Location: School Dorms

"It came from here. I swear I heard something."

A group of guards began heading towards the source of the sound.

"Why are you leaving your designated?" An angry voice spoke through the guards' earpieces.

"We heard something." The head guard informed.

"If a group of kids are out, make sure you capture them. I want all of these next generation brats."

"Got it. Over."

The men rounded off at the corner and held their guns at the ready, but they saw the hallway was empty. No sign of anyone.

"It probably was just an echo." Said one of them. "The place is dead an probably just rebounded some noise we met."

"Back in position men." Said the head guard and led them back to their position. Clearly a false alarm.

*

All they see is the hallway. They don't see us.

Lucky they had an illusionist on their team. While Penny concentrated on creating the illusion that none of them were there, the other three remained silent.

At least Hiro and Violet were no longer arguing. Both realized that that was for another time, another place. Right now, they had a school to save.

But other than being mad at her irrational thinking, Hiro knew he would've done the exact same thing if it were his brother. Didn't matter if he was older, Tadashi was still his brother. But he was gone. Maybe if he knew about his powers then he may have been able to save him. Well, he may not have been able to save his own sibling, but he was determined to make sure that another set of siblings didn't feel his lose.

Once the coast was clear, Penny dropped the illusion and let out an exhausted groan. That really took out a lot on her. Wilbur rushed to her side to keep her steady.

"You did great." He encouraged.

Penny gave him a small smile. "Maybe I'll get to see your powers in action later. But I hope not too soon."

"You'll be in for quite a shock." He smirked.

While the two helped each other out, the other two remained silent. It was Hiro who broke it off first.

"Hey, while I think what you did was pretty dumb, I would've done the same too if it were my brother."

"Well I'm sorry I got you all worried." Violet apologized, her eyes darting to the floor.

Hiro grabbed her shoulders, causing he to look into his dark irises. "I know what it's like to lose someone you care about, to feel you could've done something but you just couldn't. I won't let that happen to you. So lets go make sure your brother's stays out of harm's way."