Tazuna's Story

Akira’s POV

We all watched as Naruto stabbed his hand with the kunai. The first thing that came into my head was ‘Idiot.’  The next thing that happened changed my opinion of this seemingly random act of self destruction.

“Why am I so different?! Why am I always urgh…”

“Naruto, stop that what are you doing?” Sakura yelled rushing forward to stop him.

I held out my arm stopping her. “Let him be Sakura, he needs to do this.”

“So he needs to bleed to-” I covered her mouth with my hand, ‘Naruto doesn’t need to know he’s dying.’ putting a finger to my lips telling her to keep quiet.

“I worked so hard to get here, pushing myself until it hurt. Training alone for hours. Anything to get stronger, to reach my dream. I will never back down again and let someone else rescue me. I will never run away and I will not lose to Sasuke. Upon this wound I make this pledge, Believe it. Bridge builder I’ll complete this mission and protect you with this kunai knife.” He turned around and gave a slightly demonic laugh with a slightly demonic grin. “ Don’t worry I’ll be fine.”

Everyone was shocked for words. The bridge builder probably felt like a jerk now. He just made a 12 year old kid stab himself and pledge to give up his life to save the old man. I stayed silent.

“Naruto..uh that was really cool how you took the poison out and all but if you lose anymore blood you’re going to die.” Kakashi bluntly said.

We all stopped moving and watched as the news slowly sunk its way deeper into Narutos’ skull searching desperately for his brain. After it finally sunk in Naruto started sweating profusely and went an unhealthy shade of –would you call it blue? I guess you would- blue.

“Good idea to stop the bleeding now. Seriously.” Kakashi said while smiling!? Who smiles when saying stuff like that.

Naruto immediately started freaking out and this led to him flailing his arms and legs every which way which probably isn’t good for blood loss. Kakashi, Sakura and I all gathered towards Naruto. Sasuke and Tazuna were content to just watch.

“No! No! No! I’m too young for it to all end like this. No! No!” Naruto continues screaming.

“Show me your hand.” Kakashi calmly says. Naruto holds his hand out still freaking out.

“Naruto, you’ve got a self abusive personality. It’s called masochism.”

“Oh calm down Sakura it’s not- well yeah it is that bad but still…at least he’s…hmm there is no word to describe him.” I said as we watched as Kakashi tried to calm him down.

“Naruto I have to agree with Sakura you could have jeopardized the mission and not to mention-”

I quickly shoved Kakashi to the side and took Narutos hand. “Don’t listen to Kakashi, he’s just being a worry-wart over nothing. He wouldn’t understand.”