Way to Much to be in One Chapter

Naruto’s POV

We were back on the trail of the old lady but I wasn’t exactly…focused. Pervy-sage was still teaching me the jutsu as we traveled but it hadn’t been going well since Akira told me that my best friend was a she. Though it made a lot of sense, even explained why I felt attracted to her.

No stop it, stop thinking about her. My training is what matters, I had passed the ball training in which I had to learn how to swirl my chakra in a clockwise and counter clockwise motion without popping the ball. The second step was power which I still struggled with at times but I learned how to effectively pop a rubber ball with only my chakra. Pervy-sage only used one hand for jutsu but I had to use two still… I’m not going to get discouraged though. The only problem is after moving onto the balloon training I can’t move on. I had to master control of the chakra, at the moment it was out of control and would sometimes fly out creating a burst of wind, I had to get it to stay a perfect sphere while slowly increasing the speed. 

This stage is about keeping up the power and rotation that I learned, only this time, without letting it pop open a delicate balloon. It was easier said than done though…

Whenever the balloon burst though Pervy-sage just yells at me, and Akira gets knocked off her feet. The first time I had run to help her, apologizing over and over again as I looked at her damaged hands. She just brushed it off smiling but I had felt so bad…

It happened a few more times before Akira snapped at me, “Would you cut it out?! Just cause I’m a girl doesn’t mean I’ve gotten delicate. The first time was fine but you of all people should know that I’m not ordinary. Urgh, you’re so frustrating.”

She had stopped talking to me after that, I don’t know what I did wrong. All I did was treat her how I would treat Sakura if she had fallen because of me. So why’d she get so mad?

“You ever think she doesn’t want that?” Pervy-sage said appearing behind me. “You should really stop grumbling out loud, enough with the sour face already.”

I looked away, “What do you mean?”

“I mean, she told you right away she didn’t want to be treated differently so why did you change your tune around her? She’s not Sakura, or Hinata, or any other girl you might have met. She’s Akira and for the longest time you thought she was a guy. Now what does that say about her personality?”

“That she’s impossible to deal with, that she’s completely the opposite of every girl I’ve met, that she’s being plain difficult. Why can’t she just accept my apologies?”

He sighed, “If Akira were a boy and that happened what would you do?”

I shuffled my feet, “I dunno, ask if he’s okay and if he was go back to training I guess. But she’s a girl, I needed to say sorry or else they get mad. But then I apologized and she got mad anyways. Urgh! What am I doing wrong?”

“Do you not realize what you just said?” I looked at him, no if I had would I really be ranting still? “Alright think about it, when you think Akira’s a guy you just checked to make sure he’s okay, then could concentrate on your training, knowing full well it could happen again but you don’t apologize. When she’s a girl, you check up on her, help her up, and apologize numerous times over before returning to training but this time you are more cautious and aware. See the difference?”