Paper Bombs and Death

Akira’s POV

It was dead quiet for what seemed like forever and as the smoke cleared Naruto stood proud, “Now that I’m here everything will be alright.” 

“Naruto, as great of an entrance as that was, most ninja would sneak up quietly and not give away their position.” I managed to say, still struggling lightly to keep myself from being hanged by my own clothes.

“Huh?” Naruto turned in my direction, “Ah! Akira? What happened? What’s going on?”

“The usual. Me, stupid. Evil guy, hates me.” I managed to choke out as the clones grip tightened.

“Don’t worry Akira, you know how in stories the hero usually shows up at the last minute and then kicks butt, well that’s what I’m gonna do right now. Believe it!” Naruto pointed at the real Zabuza.

“That’s great.” I lift myself up a bit so I can breathe, “You mind helping Sasuke first.”

His finger dropped as he raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

“It seems the ‘hero’ doesn’t even understand what he’s up against.” Zabuza turned his head and glared at Naruto.

“Whatever, I’m still gonna kick your butt. You’re history.”

 Naruto made the hand sign for his shadow clones but he didn’t get a chance to use it as Zabuza threw shuriken towards him.

Both Kakashi and I shouted, “No!”

“Naruto, move!” Kakashi yelled as my air supply got choked off once again.

‘Why am I so useless? I have to stop letting my fears get to me. I’m going to help them. Now.’ I started trying to kick the clone Zabuza so he would let me go.

 My chances were slim but I had at least a chance at grabbing the railing. The clone disappeared as I broke its elbow in a very lucky kick now my only problem was I was falling backwards. I tried to flip back up and reached for the bar. I felt two of my fingers hit it before continuing my fall breaking my fingers. I curled them close to my body as my stomach did flips.

 In the seconds where I could still see on the bridge I saw Haku save Naruto throwing needles at the shuriken.

‘Yes, at least he’s alive.’  I thought as I fell through the air landing, none to gently, in the frigid waters below.

Kakashi’s POV

‘Okay, Zabuza has me cornered while Naruto and Sasuke are fighting Haku in the dome all because Naruto did something completely idiotic. Sakura’s protecting Tazuna and Akira is being held against his will. Things could be worse I suppose.’

“Kakashi –sensei,” Sakura yelled.

“What is it?” My eyes never leaving Zabuza for in an instant he could disappear.