Akira's Abandons Humanity Against Her Will

Akira’s POV

True to his word, Naruto spent all night and all day training. He trained at the base of a cliff, only about 20 feet high, next to a waterfall while I trained at the top of the cliff just to keep an eye on him. Needless to say he eventually passed out. I rolled my eyes as I concentrated back onto the twins lesson, turns out Igniculus and Quatuor knew some sort of awesome jutsu, to be honest though I was beginning to wonder if I should really trust them.

“Hey, am I doing this right?” I asked concentrating the fire in my hand together, the twins said that I could in theory make my own ‘scales’ if I could transform my chakra into another form. So far it was futile, whenever it got close to being compressed it would flare out nearly burning me. “Hey, are you even listening?”

Igniculus the eldest and the boy sighed, “Yes, oh stupid one, you’re doing fine. Once you can create a small casing of ‘scales’ on your hand we will work out towards the rest of you.”

It was my turn to sigh. We had been working on it all day and I still only had up to my wrist covered in weird scales. “This is getting me now where and would you stop calling me that?” I sat down onto the ground staring at the scales as I tried to make them grow up my arm, it was slightly painful as though my flesh and bones were melting, fusing into the new form. “Is this supposed to burn?”

Igniculus and Quatuor exchanged a glance mumbling latin to each other before Quatuor walked over sniffing my arm. “We’re not sure, no one has ever attempted this except for in the ancient scrolls. You smell alright though, I wouldn’t worry.”

I nodded slowly, breathing deeply trying to grow more scales while resisting the urge to tear them off. It was like a growing pain mixed with a weird burning feeling, not only that but it was consuming what little energy I still had stored since last night.  Which reminds me Shizune didn’t show up today, I wonder what held her up.

I heaved myself onto my feet, dissolving the jutsu yet a few scales remained, I shrugged it off and walked down the cliff path to Naruto. He was just waking it seemed, he rolled over to face me patting the ground near him.

“Tired?” He asked. I nodded. “How’s your training going?”

I shrugged, practically collapsing to the ground beside him. He laughed, “Yeah, same here. Well, if you’re sleeping so am I. We’ll train at night it’s too hot during the day.”

I nodded, “Shush.” I placed a finger on his mouth as he was just about to continue talking. “I don’t know how you can have the energy to talk still but I need sleep so shush.”

“Oh…”he whispered. “Sorry.”

So with that we both dozed off lying in the shade of the only tree that hadn’t been beaten by Naruto yet.

Shizune’s POV

Oh I hope Akira won’t be mad at me, Lady Tsunade had me worried all night. What was she thinking drinking and disappearing?