Piecing it Together.

Kankuro’s POV

“But, Temari he was really a girl. I swear he was.”

“Kankuro just stop. He was a he, now shut up before you disturb Gaara. You know how he gets!”

“But –Oh fine. I’ll prove it then. I’ll be back later.” I said as I stomped away quickly apologizing to Gaara who had been in the next room listening the entire time. His face was impassive yet his eyes were lethal.

 Little brat, he shouldn’t be treating us like this. I thought as I trudged out the door taking my favorite puppet, Crow, with me.

Leaving the hotel that we were staying at for the exam I didn’t have to look far to see my target. She, as I was sure she was a she, was walking past to her destination. I began following her blending into the crowd using any shadows I could and finally when we reached a forest clearing she stopped.

Akira’s POV

I had just been let out of the hospital not that I was in there very long but besides the normal I’m-In-A-Hospital stress I got the Emotional-Stupidity-After-Doctor-Tells-Dad-Secret-Gender-Thing stress so I wasn’t in the best of moods and the visit had seemed longer than it was. I sighed frustrated at myself.

Okay so first things first how many people know: Kakashi a.k.a Dad, Atticus a.k.a Brother, Gramps a.k.a Crazy guy with hat, the doctor who has been sworn (threatened) to secrecy, Kankuro a.k.a random person dressed in black with cat ears and uh…I guess I should count Haku and Zabuza in memory or whatever. So Haku a.k.a uhh Cousin? And Zabuza a.k.a uhh Crazy Uncle? Sure why not?

I slowly made my way through town hoping just to get away, I passed a hotel and low and behold it was cat ears. I smiled and slowly made my way past him. But my thoughts jumped into gear telling me to question him. How did he know? I never talked to him and yet he just knew? I was about to stop and turn back when I realized that I wouldn’t need to. I smiled slyly before continuing on my way letting him play hide and seek in the shadows.

By the time we got to the forest his confidence levels seemed to have risen as he was becoming less and less cautious, either that or he wasn’t used to the terrain. I stopped and he mimicked me. I let out a small breath before turning and throwing a kunai at him. I heard it hit a tree and turned casually towards him as he jumped behind me.

“Why are you following me?” I asked.

“I needed information.”

“Then your information gathering skills suck. So second question, and this is important, how did you know?”

He smirked, “Know what?”

“Don’t play dumb. How’d you know about –“

“You cross-dressing?”

I deadpanned, ‘Cross-dressing really?’