The Written Exam

Akira’s POV

It was the day of the exams and after much explaining to Kakashi I was off to temporarily join this new team. I ran into Naruto and the others, they warned me about this one team from the sand. It seems the others have already run into them and from the sounds of it these enemy ninja are anything but nice.

As I stood there contemplating everything I had recently been told I failed to realize that my new team had just entered the court grounds of the exam hall. It wasn’t until two tall shadows were cast over me that I finally took notice of their presence.

“Hello, you’re Akira right?” A friendly and soft voice asked.

“Yeah, that’s me, can I ask who you are?”

“We, my little friend, are your new team mates! At least temporarily.” A new voice said before getting lethal “But know this if you mess up even one time, I swear you’ll wish an enemy had shown you mercy and killed you.”

“Okay then…what’s your name and who’s your crazy friend?” I turned to the nicer one while the crazy one glared at me.

“Um…I wouldn’t call her that. Her names Yukari and I’m Misaki, it’s a pleasure to meet you even under these circumstances.” She held out her hand which I took hesitantly into a hand shake.

“Pleased to meet you as well. So, I’m guessing we should talk on the way?”

“Yeah, we’ll have to try to get along with you, even if we really don’t want to.” Yukari pushed past me and into the building.

Misaki cast an apologetic look towards me, “She’s may be harsh sometimes but its only because she misses Shun, our ex-team mate. One day though she’ll warm up to you, you’ll find she’s really dependable. I’ve don’t think I’ve ever not trusted her.”

I nodded and followed her as we walked into the building to catch up to Yukari. People inside were bustling around trying to register before noon. It was complete chaos, when we finally managed to catch up to Yukari she was asleep while standing against the wall.

‘Uhh…how did she manage that in this place?’ I thought as one person bumped into her roughly, the weird thing is she didn’t move an inch while he ended up on the ground.

I heard Misaki sigh beside me, “Yukari, wake up. We have to go in now. Come on! Wake up!”

Misaki grumbled a bit before slowly opening her eyes, “Get out of my room…let me sleep.”

I glanced around, ‘Either her room looks like a hallway or she is really out of it.’

I settled for the second one even though I’d really like to believe the first.  Eventually after much poking and encouragement we finally managed to get inside, there were at least a 100 genin and most looked way tougher than any leaf genin I had seen so far. ‘Yeah we’re dead.’