Kicked Out

Akira’s POV                      

“First, question. For the past week, you have purposely been placing me into situations which may or may not succeed in Naruto gaining knowledge of a certain secret that we are both aware of. Now, explain your actions in such a way that I may be understanding of your little match-making game.” I said as he wavered under an intense, murderous gaze.

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He laughed nervously, eyes darting about looking for an escape route of some sort. “Even if I did know I would make sure no harm comes to you and the kid.” He said turning his back to me and observing the women in the water pool.

“I see. So, you say that you would never cause harm to Naruto and I and yet you specifically planned in a conscious act of violence to throw us off a cliff not knowing if we were to survive.” I asked standing up on the branch and slowly walking towards him.

“I-I uh.” He stuttered as sweat formed on his brow. “Well, I knew you’d survive, I had quite of bit of confidence in you two.” A glint shone in his eye giving away a hint of a secret. Think he’s keeping a secret, maybe I was closer earlier. That has to be it. He’s led me away onto another similar topic but there’s less to confess. Alright change of plans back to the original question.

“Well, that is good to hear. I would hate to think that someone would be trying to kill us off.” I smiled. “So have you been working on a new novel or something, you always have a little book with you is it for notes?”

He blinked taken aback by my sudden mood change. “Well yeah, I have been. It’s going to be the next top seller, I can just feel it.”

“What’s it about?” I asked suddenly feeling closer to the truth.

“Well, it’s a novel that all ages can read, there’s a comedic plot twist that most readers will find enjoyable.” He said twisting to watch the women again.

“Oh really? What is it?” I asked eyeing the notebook peeking from his pocket before subtly sliding it into my hands. I flipped to a random page as Jaraiya chuckled still eyeing the women.

“Well, it’s a complicated plot I’m sure you wouldn’t understand.”

I scanned the first page of notes and quickly realized something terrifying.  “Oh really, I wouldn’t understand something that was based off of a certain knuckleheaded ninja and what did you write- a bomb expert?”

“No silly I wrote Pyro. A knuckle head and a py-ro…ohhh.” He said as his nervous gaze fell between me and the book. “Uh, it isn’t what it looks like.”

“Oh really? Then what is it?”

“It’s-it’s the uhh…”

“I suggest you be honest. If you don’t, I’ve wanted to try a few techniques Ibiki taught me a while back.” I said cracking my knuckles. It might have been a bluff but it was a bluff that was working.