Damn you Jaraiya.

Akira’s POV

It’s been nearly a week since I started training with Naruto and Jaraiya. Naruto has made almost no progress, the best part of his day is when the tadpole has legs. I’ve managed to progress to a larger summoning, it’s about the size of a forearm as that seems to be its favorite perch and has a flame on its tail. From this alone I’m beginning to think that Jaraiya may be right, these aren’t the normal salamander summonings but as an added thought it also has what appear to be folded up wings along its body barely noticeable.

This one spoke unlike the last one but only small words, it seems to have difficulty with our language but can get the needed information across. This one’s name is Exuro meaning burn as he says in our language. He also gave the little one a name he calls him Aduro meaning fire. Aduro I thought it suits him and Exuro’s name suits him as well as his body seems to constantly give off heat as though his core itself is burning slowly.

I watched Jaraiya give Naruto another lecture on wasting so much energy before the day’s training came to a close. I said good bye to my summonings and walked with Naruto to get ramen as usual. We talked about random things, complained about people or rules and of course talked about training and the chunin exams. After the ramen he walked me back to the Hyuga house as he had been doing every day this week. Normally this is all a normal person would be dealing with but sadly because I’m hiding my gender I also have to deal with a certain Pervy-sannin trying his hardest to prove to a certain blonde idiot that I am in fact female. So far he’s accomplished nothing thatnks to Naruto being slightly dense, although he has managed to annoy me and anger Naruto. Not that I’m not appreciative of help but I don’t see why he gets so hyped up about it.

Naruto’s POV

2 weeks left until the chunin exam final, 1 week since Akira began training with me and 1 week tonight of me walking him home.

It had become routine for me wake up, eat, train, talk to Akira during lunch, train more, eat ramen with Akira, and walk Akira home. I look forward to training and ramen each day and instead of complaining about it in the morning I’ll wonder what we’ll talk about. I look forward to training only because Akira is there, I can talk to him and laugh without worries. He does tease me though but he can make me laugh as I tease him too.

During training I can get really frustrated but Akira will just smile and I can feel less stressed. I also learned that Akira can be smart he just chooses not to be unless he finds it ‘necessary’ which is his way of saying ‘One of us has to be smart at least half the time.’

At some point I wondered how the rest of team 7 were, I hadn’t seen Sasuke in a long time but I’ve caught glimpses of Sakura wandering around town. I didn’t have much time to think about where Sasuke could be as Akira was pushed into the shallow river next to our temporary training ground by Pervy-Sage. I ran over to Akira to help him out of the water glaring at Pervy-sannin who looked on smugly.

“What’d you do that for?” I asked giving Akira my hand as he dragged himself out of the water.

Pervy-sage ignored my question as Akira stood once again on dry land while I held him fairly close  in case Pervy-sage tried that again. But the smug look diminished from his face as he stared at Akira, “Ah nothing, just an experiment, a failed one I should say. Akira come over here for a second, Naruto go walk on water again.”