Oh look, Kakashi's back.

Akira’s POV

Temari stood ready in the center of the stadium whereas Shikamaru chose to lay on the ground for the next few minutes. Soon, Temari’s impatience got the best of her and she ran at Shikamaru who lazily pulled out two kunai. Temari opened her fan and a great wind storm filled with dust hit Shikamaru, but as the dust cleared Shikamaru was seen standing on the two kunai he had wedged into the wall just out of range of her attack. Shikamaru said something that apparently angered her as her fan opened and she created a wind storm towards the wall. As the new dust cleared, all that could be seen were two kunai lodged in the wall, she turned and scanned the shadows near the far wall. She smirked as she placed her fan as a barrier between her and him.

“Go for it Shikamaru! Use that super awesome technique on her and take her down!” Ino yelled, startling me and making me fall into the stairs beside me.

“Yo,” I heard someone say between munching bites. “Is this seat taken?”

“Huh?” Ino said as we all glanced towards the boy. “I thought you were in the hospital. Your stomachs okay now?”

He nodded before glancing at me, “Oh hey, your that Akira guy right? The one Ino’s been talking about, is that your seat?”

“Yeah but you can have it. I don’t mind.” I said before whispering to him. “And this gets me further away from her so thank you.”

He smiled sitting in my seat with a cloth shopping bag filled with bags of chips. “So, what’s up? I thought Sasuke’s match was supposed to be next.”

Both Ino and I flinched glancing at Sakura who seemed to be slowly dying, Ino told the boy to shush while it finally dawned on me that I had forgotten his name since we were in the academy.

“Oh I’m sure Sasuke is fine, he’ll be here any minute now.” Ino said cheerfully.

I shook my head as I sat on the stairs looking down at the match. It was hopeless Sakura would continue to act as if her puppy died until Sasuke showed up, it was a nice gesture from Ino though.

“Hm, Never expected to see Shikamaru in the finals, weird.” The boy said munching another chip.

“What do you mean?” Ino asked. “Come on, Shikamaru may not have as much fighting spirit as some other people and okay his technique is pretty lousy but he’s strong at strategy. So strong in fact, that without him we might not have gotten through the preliminary round.”

Chouji downed the last crumbs from his chips, “Maybe.”

“What’s more you should have seen how he threw himself into the arena. I’m telling you Chouji he seems unusually aggressive. I think he’s going to show us his passionate side today. Yeah go Shikamaru!”

Chouji! His name is Chouji that helps and I don’t think Shikamaru threw himself into the ring so I wouldn’t hold my breath.

There was quite a pause before anything actually happened, but eventually Temari used her fan and sent a gust of wind towards Shikamaru. The wind cut trees and sent dust into the air, Temari stood proudly but not a second later she had to jump back as Shikamaru’s shadow was running along the ground trying to catch her.