The Fall

Akira’s POV

I was falling. I was freakin falling from a terrifying, mind-numbing, limb freezing height. Jairaya had said grabbing onto the walls would be useless, the spikes were too slippery to get any grip. I began to silently freak out, I wouldn’t scream. No, it was more like I couldn’t scream. I could hear Naruto though as he was screaming at the top of his lungs which didn’t help my own fear. I felt some tears spring to my eyes before they slowly spilled over, I couldn’t tell if they were from sadness, anger or from the wind blowing into them. I could feel my mind slipping as I neared an unconscious state. My minds defense against this mental chaos. But before I slipped away I felt Naruto’s chakra spike. My eyes snapped open again as the clear chakra flowed over me but what hit me was the tainted chakra that followed. Whatever it was helped clear my mind a bit, making me forget my original fear. I saw Naruto reaching out towards me grabbing my arm and pulling me over to him.

“I have an idea,” He yelled over the rushing wind. “But you have to stay close!”

I nodded quickly not really knowing what he was going to do but knowing it was the best chance I had of living. I couldn’t exactly move so any jutsus were out of my reach. Naruto allowed the tainted red chakra to surround him and with a bitten thumb and a few hand signs later we were sitting upon a giant toad’s head. We landed rather softly all things considered but it still knocked what little air was in my lungs out.

“What’s this?” A voice boomed, “Where in the world am I?”

“That was close.” Naruto said not moving as he lay on the toads head. “Glad we got saved. Course I could have done without the falling on my neck part. Look at that! Awesome!”Naruto shouted before crawling slowly to the side of the toad. “Wait hold on here… whats that!?”

“That Naruto is a webbed foot er…hand.” I said slowly keeping my voice even still frozen from the fall.

“OHH! This is a toad, right?” Naruto shouted running to the back of the toad not waiting for an answer, he ran down from the toads head, landing in the middle of the coat that the toad was wearing. Yes, the toad was wearing a coat. I thought I was going crazy too. “Lets see here…There’s no tail there! I did it! It’s really a real toad!”

So Naruto somehow gaining a burst of energy began jumping around like he was on a sugar rush, maybe its adrenaline. “Hahaha, I finally pulled it off.” So apparently after near death experiences Naruto will say something stupid and have an increase, if possible, of energy.

I on the other hand shook, as I tried not to think of the fall and the flips my stomach kept doing.

“Why you little snot!” The toad bellowed moving quickly throwing me and Naruto off balance. I nearly fell off his head while Naruto came tumbling back down off the toads back sending us both onto the nose as he rolled into me.

“Ow…” I mumbled before staring into the glaring yellow eyes of a giant toad. Naruto seemed just as freaked out but I think hid it better, mainly because Naruto was in front of me but still.

“You little snot! Just who’s back do you think you’re dancing around on top of anyway?! Well let me tell you, I am the wise and powerful Lord Gamabunta, Chief Toad and you’re an idiot. Now shut up!”