Returning Only to Leave Again

Akira’s POV

When we got home I was greeted by Izumo and Kotetsu who blinked once and said very calmly, “I thought you were dead. Guess we should return the funeral wreath then. Later Akira.”

I waved as they left, giving Kakashi a funny look which he ignored in favor of his book. “Akira, if you want I’ll take you two out for some ramen. In celebration of your return after destroying half a town. Oh and you’re grounded for that by the way.”

Naruto snickered before a sudden realization dawned on him, “Wait, How come you can ground Akira?”

Kakashi and I froze my eyes turned deadly as I glared at Kakashi who easily replied, “His Aunt and I speak often. Her words and my words are basically the same.”

“So you’re married.”

“Not really. We’re just good friends.”

“Anyways… let’s just go get ramen.” I said hurriedly dragging Naruto by the collar, distracting him with the thoughts of ramen.

“Alright! I think I’ll have the miso ramen, no maybe pork, no beef. Ahh I can’t decide. What will you have?”

“I think miso. It reminds me of home now.” I said smiling to myself as I remembered my first tiring day here.

“How?”

“I had never had ramen before I got here. Miso was the first one I tried.”

Kakashi mumbled, “Yes and it was also when I learned you couldn’t use chopsticks.”

Naruto looked up at him, “What, Kakashi-sensei?”

“Oh nothing Naruto, just mumbling something to myself. No need for concern.”

He shrugged as we entered the ramen bar and ate our first real meal in 5 days. Sometimes I hate ninja rations, other times they are like heavenly treats sent to keep me alive. But after 5 days you end up thinking that dying would be better.

It was early afternoon by the time we got home and when we did all the dogs rushed up to me. Laking me feel very loved and very flat so much so that I couldn’t get up. Kakashi laughed as he helped me up from under the pile of dogs. I laughed as well before petting each dog in turn while Pakkun sat on my shoulders.

“Akira, I have to ask a few questions.” Kakashi began as we entered the living room.

“Like what?”

“Well, first. Why didn’t you tell the Hokage and I in the first place? We could have saved you from all of this.”

“That’s just it, the more I got attached the more I wanted you to stay out of it. If something were to happen to any of you I wouldn’t know what to do…so I kept a secret not that it did any good seeing as you got involved anyways.”