[3] ▷ loser

Present DayAugust 15, 2014Washington, D

Present Day
August 15, 2014
Washington, D.C.

"I want to send you in," Pierce says, his wrinkly eyes narrowing in directly on me as the people leave the room. My eyebrows raise in questioning, and I tilt my head with a smile. "Hm?" I said, and I could have swore I seen his left eye twitch out of anger as he began to pace around my chair very slowly like a predator, stopping behind me.

"You see, Artemis. Our Soldier is experiencing..." He walks in front of me again, his cold eyes meeting mine. If I weren't such a badass I'd look away.

"Flashbacks. He's revising on his past and we can't let that happen. He's unstable for this mission, and I know that you can do it." He says, and I scoff. "Of course I can, I'm Artemis Schmidt." I say matter-of-factly, and a set of pearly white teeth protrude from his crusted lips in a smile. Ew.

He chuckles, clasping his hands behind his back as he stared down at me. "Indeed you are. You're the sole heir to this organization," He says, beginning to pace slowly again. His body posture gets on my nerves. I mean, like, really gets on my nerves. And his voice, ugh. It makes me want to put nail filers in my ears and twirl my brain around them like spaghetti noodles.

Speaking of spaghetti noddles...

"When's lunch?" I ask confidently, and he abruptly stops his lecture, slowly turning his head back to me with wide, unbelieving eyes. Whoops.

"Keep it up and you won't have any for a couple of days." He speaks through his teeth. I chuckle, picking my feet up and putting them on the glass table in front of me. "But I'm the sole heir to this organization, am I not? You can't do that to such royalty." I say almost disbelievingly.

His eyes are glued to my size 9 feet perched upon the table, looking as if they would pop out of his head in anger, and I smirk. He was so pissed.

I have a bad habit of pushing people to their limits and that's what gets me in trouble most of the time. Some people say that I act just like my father, and that I only got the looks from my mother. Although they won't tell me the identity of my father, my mother was so righteous in all her red glory.

Her name was Sinthea Schmidt, or Sin. Thats where I got my alias from, as you can tell, but all I know about my dad is that he was a lunatic and could never take anything seriously. Like moi.

Pierce let out a loud growl, staring directly at my smirking face before him. "Get out, now. I want you ready for this mission at 3." He finally says, and I stand to my feet, stretching my arms out into a Y as I arched my back, earning a satisfying pop. With a sigh of relief, I began sauntering over to him.