[21] ▷ reincarnate

"I'M killing your ass for doing this to me!" The mother screamed, arching forward as she squeezed the father's hand tightly, causing his mouth to open in pain but nothing to come out

"That's nice," The mercenary said with a forced smile, his eyes widening in fear as Sinthea Schmidt's abnormally red eyes seemed to stare deep down into the mysterious Wilson's soul. The pain had died down some and so had the woman's screams of pain, and the mercenary soon held a small child in his arms, a proud smile on his face as he brought the child to Sin's face.

Sin smiled genuinely, but her head swam as it bobbed backwards, causing the father's eyes to narrow. "Are you alright?" The mother shrugged with a delusional smile. "Don't know, Wilson. You try giving birth without epidural and see how woozy you feel about it." Sin replied, her face etched in pain and uncomfortableness at what was going on at her lower parts.

"I feel like my vagina's swimming in the Red Sea right now." The father let out a sheer chuckle as he looked down there, nodding in approval to the woman's words. He leaned down and placed the newborn baby in front of Sinthea Schmidt's eyes, and her face seemed to glow from what life she had left in her.

"She's so beautiful," Sinthea whispered, her eyes eager to roll into the back of her head. The wooziness wasn't because of the pain, it was because of the strain it had taken on the mother's heart. The light was slowly being sucked from her eyes, and neither of them knew it, but it had seemed that the child did.

The newborn's hands were wandering, her tiny fingers sprawled out, reaching for something, anything, to grasp a hold of. The mother smiled, sticking out her finger for the child to hold, and she did. Sinthea's eyes lolled to and fro the man that impregnated her, finally settling on the child she had proudly given birth to, her mouth whispering a name that was soon to take everything out of her to say. "Effy," And in that moment, Sinthea Schmidt took her last breath.

The mercenary's proud smile fell at the realization of what was happening, and his heart shattered. "Sinthea?" He called, panic lined in his voice as tears flowed from his eyes. There was no reply from his beloved, only the sheer cry of the child in his arms. The mercenary cradled Effy tightly, knowing that if this child were to be lost, it would be the last of her, and him, for that matter.

☆★☆

2 days had passed, and Artemis spent most of her time sitting in the farthest corner of her homey cell. She couldn't recall the last time the guards brought her food and she didn't really give a shit.

She was too distraught, too shocked, too tired to even take a glance at the food. She knew not eating would make her weak, but why should she fight back? Bucky would never be able to find her, and she actually prayed that he wouldn't go looking for her, like the dumbass he is.

But of course, her prayers went unanswered as Bucky stormed into the meeting room of the King of Wakanda's palace. "Please tell me we can get her back," He hissed as Steve looked over his shoulder at his bulky friend advancing towards him. Steve shrugged as he turned towards him, and the King of Wakanda turned towards him as well.

"InSANE Industries is a very guarded place, but perhaps if we had the help of some, we could get her out. But take cautions, my friends, that doesn't mean we don't have to make sacrifices." T'Challa said as he eyed the two men in front of him. Bucky and Steve shared a short glance, and Bucky slightly smiled. "I'd sacrifice my entire life for that girl."

Artemis's head bobbed back, her arms shaking with goosebumps as sweat formed on her brow. Cold sweats, she thought bitterly. Great.

Her vision swirled and she sealed her eyes shut, swallowing the best to her ability since her mouth was dryer than the Sahara Desert. She knew the tests that they were doing on her were making her this way, and it was only the second day of it happening. She hated to admit it, but she was scared to see what the next days had to bring.

Her mind always trailed back to those words that Willow had said to her, the ones about their father. She had never heard anyone speak about her father, let alone pay him the time of day to even think about mentioning a father in her life.

I wonder who it is, she thought, but her mind soon trailed off on the pessimistic sides of the situation.

He left me as a child, why should I care who he is and isn't? He's nothing to me, never will be. Goddamnit, Artemis, think straight! Get your head out of the gutter for once in your life!

Artemis straightened her back as she looked forward, the bags under her eyes more stylish than a Coach handbag on a hot, sunny, California day. She had not slept in nearly 72 hours but she wasn't going to let that stop her, no. She was going to fight.

Believe it or not, even if she knew that it would take longer than expected for the boys to get here, she knew they eventually would, even if she didn't want them to.

971 words
______________________
(a/n: I APOLOGIZE FOR SUCH A SHORT AND CHOPPY CHAPTER!

Also, the beginning is so mjmmmmmsmsmsmn

Yes, it's Artemis' parents. And Willow's father. And Artemis' father.

Yes, they have the same father.

SPOILER ALERT!

Jk jk, I'm not gonna spoil it for ya. ;D

I'm sure you guys already know anyways, so yeah! :D tell me what you guys think and if it was obvious or not!

Anyways, love you guys lots!

Much luv,
~KatXoXo