[19] ▷ wilted

"BUCKY, stop!" Artemis screamed as Bucky ripped away his restraints, pulling his way out of the confined box like ripping a sheet of paper

"BUCKY, stop!" Artemis screamed as Bucky ripped away his restraints, pulling his way out of the confined box like ripping a sheet of paper. Her cheeks felt numb from all the crying she had done, and once Bucky was out of his box, the man nodded towards Artemis's confinement as well.

"We need her, too." Bucky nodded, stepping closer to her box, gripping it tightly with his metal arm, then ripping it off like it was nothing. Artemis flinched as she came face to face with Bucky, — no, — the Winter Soldier again. She shuddered against the cool metal of his hand so close to her own, ripping away the restraints on her wrists.

Her knees felt like jelly, and she collapsed due to her absolute distress, but The Winter Soldier reached down and caught her before she hit the ground, hoisting her up and roughly pulling her out of her cell. She just let it happen, that was all she could do. Her heart was too broke for her to fight back. It was a killer with Bucky's beautiful face, but she still couldn't lay one harmful finger on him, even if she tried.

It hurt her too much.

Bucky sat her down on the ground, going over to the corner of the room while the man pretended to be knocked out on the ground as Sam and Steve ran into the room. Her eyes widened as she saw Bucky's metal fist round a corner, heading straight for Sam's face, and she let out a quick howl before it contacted his skin. "Bucky, no!" She yelled, and once Sam's head swung back in pain, a fight broke out between the two.

Sam ended up being knocked unconscious as Bucky fled the scene, and Steve was too occupied with the man, Zemo, that he didn't even realize Artemis weakly slipping out of the room behind Bucky. She walked along the wall for support, making her way towards where she heard the ruckus. She rounded the corner, seeing Bucky fighting against a blonde woman and a red headed one, and she stopped abruptly.

No fucking way, she thought. Natalia Romanoff was back at it again with the thigh choke as Bucky picked her up and slung her on the table after having knocked the blonde out. She scratched at his face as he choked her with his metal arm, and she wheezed out some words to Bucky that Artemis could barely understand, but saw Bucky slightly twitch.

Artemis then stepped from the shadows just in time to keep a man in a black shirt from punching Bucky in the face. She threw Bucky off of Natasha, even though it hurt her to do so, and threw the man in black harder against the wall. Using her powers weakened her even more so as the man stood up, his eyes narrowing in on Artemis, and she recognized that voice from anywhere.

"You," He spat, his chest heaving up and down as he stood to his feet like a cat would. "Me." She concluded, her smirk coming back but quickly faltering as she saw Bucky, — damnit, no, — The Winter Soldier, staring at her from her side vision. "Flee while I still give you the choice to." He demanded, and she sighed. "It's not like I have nothing much left to lose. Oh, and by the way, what the hell is with you? You know, you're probably the only person in the world fit enough to take me down for good." Artemis said as they now began to circle each other.