[16] ▷ gilzine

"I can walk by myself, thank you." Doctor Gilzine spat, tearing his arm from Bucky's firm grip on the his elbow. Bucky sighed, shaking his head as he walked forward. "Well I can't take the risk of you running off and telling the Feds where I'm located. Remember, doc. I'm the one with the gun." The doctor paused only for a split second, glaring warily at the ex-assassin in front of him.

"What do you want me to help you with again?" The doctor asked, his glasses nearly falling off the tip of his nose before he pushed them back up with his wrinkled pointer finger. "I need you to be a doctor." "That's not very explanatory." Gilzine inquired, shaking his head as he wobbled forwards, the bag of doctoring utensils that he had brought hanging off of his left shoulder.

"Look," Bucky stopped abruptly, turning around to be inches away from the stubby doctor's face, which was now full of panic. "Like I told you the three fucking times before, I don't know what's wrong with her. That's why I needed your help." He said, then began to walk forwards once more. They soon reached Artemis's hideout spot, and Bucky let out a sigh of relief when he saw her sitting up straight right where he had left her.

He knelt down to her level, brushing a piece of her hair out of her eyes so that he could see her face clearly. He noticed she now had beads of sweat running town her temple. "Mornin' sunshine." He joked, and she wanted to taunt him back but was too out of it, so she groaned in response. "I got some help. He's an annoying little bastard, but he'll do." Bucky said, brushing her hair back from her forehead with his thumb. Her skin was almost cold to the touch.

At that she cracked a smile, and in the background, Doctor Gilzine's mouth dropped open. "Well, excuse me for being an annoying little bastard," He sassed, walking towards Artemis with his bag of utensils. "This better be worth my while." Gilzine commented, kneeling down to Artemis's height as well. "Where am I supposed to 'be a doctor'?" He sarcastically asked, and Bucky rolled his eyes, pointing to Artemis's arm.

Gilzine recoiled once he saw the three, long, gaping holes on her upper arm. "What the hell attacked her?" He said, growing a face of disgust as he threw another glance at it. "Now what. Who." Bucky said, shaking his head as he ran his thumb over her hand. "A pussy attacked me," Artemis joked, then began to laugh so hard it made her regret it.

"A pussy? As in..." "A pussy. A full grown, sleek black, mean pussy." Bucky said seriously, causing Artemis to burst into a fit of giggles, wanting to stop herself for the pain but couldn't. "Bu-Bucky," She stuttered, hissing in pain between laughs. "I'm not talking about that kind of pussy." She said, her head falling back as her painful laughter echoed through the alley.

The doctor stuck a fist over his mouth to hide his smile, but covered it quickly with the clear of his throat. "Now let me see what I can do for you here," He began, holding out his hand, signaling for Artemis to show it to him. She lifted it slowly, hissing when the sting erupted throughout her entire arm. Doctor Gilzine examined it, shaking his head as he laid it back down on her thigh. "It seems to be some sort of reaction." The doctor spoke, and Artemis rolled her eyes.

"No, it's a love bite from a lion — of course it's some sort of reaction! You better fix it before I fix your face." Artemis said, her head rolling backwards as she was still completely out of the current world. Bucky snorted as the doctor swiveled to him. "Is she always this rude?" "24/7." Bucky answered, a smirk tugging at his lips.

The doctor complied to her orders, and Bucky held her squeezing hand as he poured disinfecting peroxide on her arm. She yelled loudly, her eyes squinting shut to the pain. Bucky stepped forward, resting his hand behind her head, stroking her hair soothingly. "Hey, okay. Focus on me." He said, and Artemis let out a breathy 'okay.' He smiled.