[10] ▷ mentality

[WARNING: LOTS AND LOTS OF F-BOMBS AND TORTURE SCENES]

ONCE the two got back to the warehouse, Bucky forced the stubborn brunette lie down on the makeshift bed. "Go your ass to sleep." Bucky said, his voice failing to stay stern due to the amusement in his tone. She laid her messy mop of hair down on the jacket that was turned into a pillow with a huff.

"You're lucky that I like you enough to listen." She warned, closing her eyes with a smile. She heard his chuckle. "What could that possibly mean?" He joked and she laughed. "The world may never know, Barnes. The world may never know," She repeated the last part slowly, her words morphing into an enormous yawn. She felt his eyes on her as she made herself comfortable, and it wasn't long before Bucky could hear her soft snores.

He smiled to himself as he sat down directly beside her, pulling out one of his knives and sharpening it to keep himself busy. Of course, the two could never have peace and silence for a good day or two, and the first shot was uninviting, — scary, — and it shook the whole ground. Bucky was shocked at the impact, dropping his block and knife to the concrete with a screeching sound of metal contacting brick following shortly afterwards.

Bucky's hands reached straight for Artemis's shoulders, his blue eyes painted with anxiety as he shook her. "Artemis! Arty, wake up!" He yelled, but she was too far into her nightmare to tell the real world from the world inside of her head.

"You are not as powerful as I had hoped," His monotonous German accent rang in her ears, and she let out a sarcastic 'mmph' against the cloth stuck in her mouth. Her wrists were strapped beside her on the metal table, along with her feet, abdomen, and head.

She bit down so hard on the rag between her teeth that she could taste her own blood. A dark silhouette crept back in the shadows and began to circle her body like it was it's prey, and she knew exactly who it was. They were lucky they put the rag into her mouth, because if they hadn't, she would have already put them in their places and made them go and cry to their mommies.

But in this case, he would have ran to her great grandmother.

He stepped into the light, and she pulled a sour face of distaste. Never knew gramps was this ugly, she joked to herself and stifled her laughter. He cocked his head at her, and snapped his fingers. Two medics came in, baring 5 torture needles and a pair of torturing utensils that she never knew the name of but have played with for some time. She smirked back at her grandfather though her eyes, knowing what the two men would soon be doing to her, having played this game many, many times.

"Let us test your breaking point, shall we?" Red Skull announced, nodding his red head towards the doctors who immediately got to work. They pulled the rag from her mouth, and she immediately went in for the kill. "If I weren't mistaken, I've been called Queen of Hydra whereas you were just some nasty ass dude without a face who started it. Yeah, and thanks for that, but no thanks." She seethed, and he grinned evilly at her, which made her stomach churn in a way she wished it hadn't.

"Keep pushing it, granddaughter, and I'll make all your worst fears come true." He warned, and she smirked, leaning forward slightly even though the straps on her head constricted her of moving. "Kiss my ass, motherfucker." She said, and he laughed aloud. Her stomach dropped when the two double doors were pushed open and a mop of blood-matted brown hair entered her view.