[17] ▷ mission report

December 16, 1991

December 16, 1991

ARTEMIS was just learning how to spell her own name when she was given her first mission. At the age of only 5, she became the infamous Sin.

The small toddler, who would soon portray the face of Hydra and all it stood for, was very curious as to why she was surrounded by such scary men, and why these scary men wanted her to do things.

She was in the back of a black tactical van, squeezing her teddy bear in her frail arms as she looked warily at the men in glinting black, and more specifically, at the man with the shiny, silver arm. The van rode uncomfortably over the bumps in the gravel road they were traveling on, then came to an abrupt halt at the edge of what seemed to be a shallow forest.

The doors were pulled open, and one of the men in the glinting black helmets grabbed her by her arm and hoisted her out of the truck. She landed roughly on her bare feet, and whined when a branch poked her viciously.

"Shut it, kid." The man said lowly and harshly at Artemis's ear. His name was Brock Rumlow, and he was a new recruit to the team. Artemis obeyed him, looking at the man with the shiny arm as he looked down at her. When their eyes met, he looked away coldly.

She squeezed her teddy bear close to her chest, a harsh shiver encasing her entire body. The only thing she had on her body was a sleeveless nightgown.

"I'm cold," She whined, earning the eyeless stares of the shiny black helmets, but she didn't care too much about that. She was sure she could become a block of ice at any moment. "I want my blanky," She whined, this time louder.

Brock Rumlow stopped abruptly in his tracks, his attention flying directly from the mission to the whiney child below him. "Kid, I told you to shut your fucking trap. Say another word and I'll cut your fucking tongue out. Do you understand?" When Brock only received the wide and watery blue eyes of Artemis, he snickered proudly and stood back up to keep walking toward the task at hand.

When they reached their destination sight, Artemis saw the man with the shiny silver arm swing his black-clad leg around the seat of a motorcycle. He sat silently, watching the road as if waiting for something, or someone, to come through.

He was a predator.

The men told Artemis what she was to do, and she only nodded her small, dark brown pigtails in response, scared that if she didn't do what she was told, she would be punished.

After 10 minutes of waiting in the darkness, clutching her soft teddy bear within her arms in an attempt to stay warm, a car's tires could be heard crunching along the road from about 100 feet away. Artemis's head flew up curiously as the motorcycle roared to life, and she took that as her cue.

Headlights flew around the curve in the road as Artemis's small feet carried her out into the middle of the road, her wide eyes looking at the headlights of the car hurdling towards her in sheer terror.

The car swerved its wheel and missed Artemis by a centimeter, causing the small girl to scream and fall back on her bottom. Tears of horror fell down her cheeks as two gunshots could be heard, and the motorcycle with the shiny armed man rode by her. The car had crashed violently into a tree, causing the atmosphere to fill with smoke from the destroyed engine.

A woman's short scream filled Artemis's ears, and she cried even more when another gunshot erupted, and what sounded like glass, shattered.

The man with the shiny silver arm opened the trunk of the demolished car, grabbing a suitcase of something that was unknown to Artemis, then shut the trunk with ease. After taking the suitcase in his hand, his head looked up and over at Artemis's small body lying in the middle of the road.

His heavy boots crunched the gravel beneath them as he began to walk towards the frightened girl at a leisure pace, and out of fear, she crawled backwards as he came closer.

"Don't hurt me. I want my Matty. Where is my Matty?" She cried viciously, her small body shaking out of the coldness, out of fear, and out of anguish. She was so sad. She missed the only man that she could ever call a father.

The metal hand glistened in the yellow street-light as it stretched out toward Artemis like a snake would to its prey, latching his hand onto her arm and yanking her up forcefully.

Artemis screamed in terror, her only free hand swinging out to hit the hard bionic arm in defense, but failing when the man gripped onto her other hand with his own. She was confused slightly when she felt that his other hand wasn't as cold and hard as the one that grabbed her before. Her teddy bear fell from her hand, hitting the cold pavement below silently.

"Let me go!" She yelled, pulling against his death grip, but he didn't budge. Instead, he pulled her small body forward, hoisting her up over his cold shoulder.

Out of fear, as well as her undying ambition, her bare arms and legs began to kick and punch anything within reach, which meant the rock-hard back of the man carrying her.

The shallow forest echoed with her petrified screams as she was carried, her watering eyes wide in terror as she watched the only thing that connected her to her childhood fade away into the darkness.

1028 words
____
a/n: this is a lil bonus chapter I wanted to add  since some of you guys wanted to know if she was present on *this* mission 💞 I might add another chapter, who knows? Hshsh

thank you all for reading I love you all so much 💞 and also it's 1:37 am on August 13 so HAPPY 36TH BIRTHDAY SEBASTIAN STAN YOU BEAUTIFUL SOUL 💞💞💞💞

much luv,
~KatXoXo