[15] ▷ the help

"DAMNIT!" Artemis yelled, her face pulling one of nothing but extreme pain as Bucky tugged her away as fast as he could

"DAMNIT!" Artemis yelled, her face pulling one of nothing but extreme pain as Bucky tugged her away as fast as he could. The wound on her upper arm was still sizzling like boiling water, and never had she ever felt such pain her entire life. Bucky's eyes were wide with panic as he sat her down gently on the concrete of a shady alley, and he knelt down to her height to get a better look at her arm.

She turned her head away from it, balling her hands into fists at the raging sting. Bucky had no clue what to do to calm her, so he took her hand. "I'm sorry," Was all he said. "I'm so sorry. You should've never parted my way. This is all my fault." He shook his head subconsciously as her hand squeezed his. She chuckled. "Look, freeze-pop. It's not your fault I can't keep my snarky mouth shut."

At that, her head fell back as she now squeezed his hand so hard that it made him wince in pain, but he didn't take his hand from her's nonetheless. She bit on the inside of her lip until she tasted the bitter, metallic flavor of her own blood. "What the hell did that pussy do to me?!" She screamed, thinking to herself that that would be a good comeback for the days to come if she ever saw him again.

"Hey, look at me." Bucky said, using his metal hand to gently tilt her head up from her glare at her stinging arm. "Look at me, only me." He said, his blue eyes locking themselves in on her own. In that moment, it felt as if they were floating on clouds; she felt no pain. All she felt was that tingling sensation, that oh, so annoying pang in her heart that she would get every time he laid a single finger on her.

Her eyes fluttered and she stifled a smile, causing him to send her back an encouraging one. "It's going to be okay. I'll find help, I just need to keep you somewhere safe-" "No," She immediately interrupted, the bittersweet moment flushing down the drain like a dead pet fish. She shook her head as she began to stand to her feet. "I'm coming with you." She stated, and grunted when Bucky placed his hand on her uninjured shoulder, pushing her back into her place on the uncomfortable concrete.

"You're staying somewhere safe, Artemis." "Like hell I am." She muttered, trying to get up once more, but this time,
accidentally putting pressure on her hurt arm. She collapsed back onto the ground in a reckless heap, cursing as tears formed in the corners of her eyes. "Like I said, you're staying somewhere safe." Bucky repeated, reaching down and carefully taking her uninjured arm to help pull her up.

The wound made her entire body seem weak, meaning that her knees were trembling mercilessly as they walked in the back alleys. Bucky soon found her a place to lay low, sitting her down as her head bobbed backwards drowsily. "Don't you dare go without me," She muttered, her eyes closing sleepily as her neck rolled itself around in a circle, her dark brown hair falling into her eyes. "Sorry, Arty." He reached down and kissed her forehead softly before he began to walk out of the alley with his hands in his pockets and his head hanging low.