[12] ▷ interrogation

"KEEP your head down," Artemis whispered to Bucky, hovering her head close to his chest as they walked. He draped his strong arm over her bony shoulders as his head leaned towards her head, their hoods slightly touching. "There's two on our tail, one coming towards us. Pretty sure there's a whole squadron waiting somewhere." He informed, and she gave a quick, unnoticeable nod. "So, do we lure them out or let them go?" He asked, and she snorted. "What did you think we were gonna do?" She muttered sarcastically.

He rolls his eyes, sending her a small chuckle as the one coming towards them passed by, not glancing at them or even acknowledging their existence in the slightest. "What's the plan?" He asked, and she smiled, looking up at him to give him a short, abrupt wink. His mind went unfathomably blank for a split second, but when he realized the reason for her mischievous look, he opened his mouth to protest. Unfortunately, before he even got the first sound out of his mouth, she had already whipped herself from his embrace and pulled a gun on the two agents following them and the one that had just passed.

Bystanders yelped in surprise and quickly maneuvered themselves out of the line of gunfire. Before the agents could pull out guns of their own, she had already pulled the cold, silver trigger three times, which sent a hot bullet into each of their foreheads. The mall had suddenly went ballistic, people running this way and that to get away from danger. By now, Bucky had pulled out a gun of his own and aimed directly for the head on the other agents who progressed towards them.

"Damnit, Artemis!" He yelled over all the gunfire, anger more bellowing than any sound coming from the barrel of any gun in the room. She sent a small shrug and a smile over her shoulder in a sense to say, 'I'm not sorry,' before turning back and dodging a punch from an agent. She ducked under his attempt, swinging her left leg up and bellowing a hard kick in his abdomen. He doubled over, which gave her enough time to throw a punch at another opponent.

Bucky had his hands full as well with the fighting and firing of guns. As Artemis knocked two or so agents out at the same time, Bucky punched one so hard that he flew back off of the balcony, plummeting to the floor below. At that, the one advancing towards the ex-Hydra assassin stopped abruptly in his tracks to ponder whether he wanted to be like Dave and get thrown off of a balcony or not. Bucky looked back at the wide-eyed agent with expecting but amused eyes.

The agent quickly abandoned the scene, all the while seemingly skimpering away like a bunny rabbit. Once two of the guards she was fighting plummeted to the ground with an extreme blast of energy from her muscles, Artemis heaved a sigh of exhaustion as the air coming from her lips moved a strand of her hair from her eyes. Bucky looked over his shoulder as he held an agent over the side of the balcony by the neck with his metal arm. The agents eyes were wide with anxiety as his legs dangled helplessly, and Artemis's eyes twinkled with amusement at the sight.

"What do you think, Buck?" She asked in a teasing way as she slinkily made her way over to the metal-armed man with a smirk on her face. "Drop him or interrogate him?" At his options, his hands wrapped tighter around Bucky's metal wrist as his feet began to kick rapidly in midair. "Well, I don't know, Arty." He commented, his head turning up to reveal his sharp jawline with a smile pulling on his lips. "It depends on if this motherfucker wants to start talking." He says, the anger flickering in his eyes as he spoke the last words through clenched teeth.

The man nodded his head furiously, and Bucky's smile grew. "You want to be dropped?" He made his arm jump slightly, which made the agent scrape at his arm even more with eyes the size of saucers. Artemis felt as if her main artery would combust if she laughed any harder. He then began to shake his head 'no' rapidly and Bucky sighed, pulling him back over and tossing him into the floor under his feet.

The man coughed as he rolled, happy and relieved he didn't get thrown off the side like Dave did. He stood up on his knees, gazing up at his two attackers. Of course, he thought bitterly as he looked around at the unconscious bodies of his fellow agents, I had to be the last one left.

Artemis giggled as she walked towards him and abruptly pulled him up by his forearm, placing a pair of handcuffs around his wrists that she had gotten off of one of the guards with a smile. "Well, interrogation it is!" She exclaimed sarcastically bitter as she sent a wink in Bucky's direction.

"I'm not telling you anything," He spat, the saliva flicking on his tongue, some even flying out and contacting Artemis's face. She expected this type of behavior, and she even expected the spit in the face, but what she didn't expect is that a wimpy ass agent, — who was begging not to be dropped from 50 feet in the air and most likely shat himself in those few moments, — to be refusing her charm.

It took her aback so abruptly in the beginning that she almost made Bucky sit in the room with them, but he was too busy readying the weapons so she decided to leave him be. She had been trying her best on him, but he never looked her directly in the eyes, because he knew what she could do. So, she's been trying to worm herself into his head, persuasion being one of her strongest suits, but this man would not break.

"I'll tell you what, fella," She seethed, leaning over and balancing her elbows on her knees as she stared at his side profile. He bit on the inside of his lip with the new burst of bravery he had gotten as he closed his eyes just as if Medusa was sitting on the opposite side as him. And she practically was.

"If you tell me what I want to hear," She clasped her hands together, running her tongue over her bottom lip with frustration at how he wasn't giving her what she wanted instantly. "I'll leave you in the desert so you can find your way back to civilization. But if you don't... Well... That'll be decided on how much longer you make me wait out-" "I'm not telling you anything." He seethed once again.

"Alright, that's it." She says angrily, standing from her seat on the concreted floor of the abandoned warehouse they had found, reaching for one of her throwing knives on her hip. His eyes widened at her sudden outburst and his mouth fell slightly agape as a pointy tip was poking at his throat before he could even blink his eye. "You will tell me," She growled so lowly that he felt as if the vibrations of her voice shook his spine.

This time, that bravery he one had evaporated into the thin air like mist, and all he could do now was practically choke on her anger.

"Because right now, I'm planning on getting a little blood on my hands,— information or not." She whispered the last part in his ear which made his organs feel as if they would drop out of his ass at any second.

What would he have to lose, anyway? If they left him in the desert, he would die of thirst. But if he didn't give up the information now, they would kill him. He would die either way, so what does he have to lose?

"Fine," He whispered, his eyes finally meeting her's. He was mesmerized by their striking blue in even the darkest place of the entire warehouse, amazed at how the dark blue rim around it swirled in with the brightest blue he's ever seen an eye be. But when that blue rim turned a blood red, all of his hopes, dreams, and chances of getting out of this alive were cut short.