[22] ▷ mercenary

ONE WEEK AGO
Salt Lake City, Utah
2:30 P.M

HIS head was hanging low as he reloaded his handgun, an upbeat tune humming from the back of his throat as he did so. He happily looked at the table, which was covered with heavy artillery that he armed himself with daily, and he smiled. His swords glinted in the sunlight from the broken window of the apartment room as he moved an inch, and once he was done loading his gun, he began to arm himself.

He stuck a gun on either side of his thighs, along with about ten throwing knives, a couple of grenades, and last but not least, his two, beautiful katana swords.

"Come to mama," He sighed as he grabbed them, sheathing them both into the holster on his back as he began to head towards the door.

He knew they were waiting outside on him, and he whistled as he walked down the corridor, pulling out his black Beretta and loading the magazine back.

When he was closer towards the exit, he decided that he would make a dramatic entrance.

Sounds like a fucking plan, he thought happily as he seemingly pulled out a package of C4 from his ass. He armed it on the door, and took major steps back. Seconds later, the door blew, launching the opponents backwards about 20 feet from the door. The man took in a whiff of the debris and smiled through his mask, shaking his head happily as he walked out.

"Oh, how I love doing that." He said loudly to himself, and smiled afterwards even wider. Gunshots were fired at him and he ducked under a piece of debris from what was left of the door, taking in a deep sigh as if he were disappointed that there wasn't a whole army for him to kill.

He jumped up from under his protecting rock, his vision seemingly in slow motion as he aimed for heads and fired, taking down about 5 people in a mere second or two. He ducked down again, their gunfire pounding the other side of his hiding spot.

The mercenary ducked and fired like that until the entire front line was lying amongst the ground dead with the exclusion of about 5 people, giving him an opportunity to jump up with a kick flip, firing his gun at two that were right behind each other, and at the one beside them.

Somehow, the bullet managed to go through two heads and land directly into a dead guy's ass. The merc cringed heavily at that, forgetting that there were two more front liners needed to be taken down. However, he was reminded when he felt a searing pain under his left ass cheek. He looked down, sighing dramatically as he looked through the gaping hole on his thigh, waving his guns in the air dramatically as he said, "Motherfucker!"

He turned towards the two, unsheathing his swords as he ran at them, not hesitating to make a simple swing, severing both of their heads before they could blink. He jumped on top of the black vans, heading towards the rest of the army that was after him, arming himself with about 5 hand grenades to sneakily drop on them while they weren't looking.

He advanced towards them, tiptoeing as if he were a cartoon character. He was on top of one of the black vans when he heard them speaking, and he grinned, grasping the lever with his hand and pulling the safety pin from the grenade with his teeth.

He dropped the grenade on the ground, and the soldiers never even noticed it at their feet before it blew up. The mercenary laughed to himself for that one, and he kept doing that until he reached what seemed to be the major hideout.

It's not really a hideout, Wade, the monotonous voice said to him in the back of his head, and the mercenary rolled his eyes. A hideout would mean that-, Wade cut the monotonous voice off before it could continue. "It would mean that it wouldn't have been so easy to find it, yeah, got it. Now shut up, please? I can't think with you in my head, so get out." Wade whispered.

We are your thinkers, you moron, the quirky one said and the mercenary rolled his eyes, dropping his last grenade as he watched the soldiers run around in a frenzy at the explosions going on around them.

He took that as his chance to drop down from the roof of the truck, his swords blocking any gunfire that would do major damage to him, swinging them around and throwing one of them directly for a guy's throat. The sword went directly through it, then yanked the man's body back and embedded itself into a tree. Wade ran for it quickly, pulling it out just in time to block more gunfire.

At this, Wade pulled out his Beretta, aiming it for the surrounding soldier's heads, dropping them in an instant.

Suddenly, around him, the ground began to blow up in random places, and he sighed in awe.

"Do these motherfuckers have a grenade launcher?" Wade wondered aloud, then looked off in a pondering way. "Huh, never knew I was that important." He finished, moving out of the way just in time to barely miss getting his arm blew off. However, he did lose a couple of his fingers. He sighed, reaching down for them, aiming from the corner of his eye at an incoming soldier, shooting him directly in his crotch as he picked up his severed fingers.

He quickly stuck them back on, the bone reconnecting with the severed part in mere seconds. He wiggled them with a relieved sigh as confirmation that his fingers were, indeed, intact.

Soon enough, though, he ran out of ammunition and it was all up to his swords, knives, and what he had left of his grenades. He slashed through each incoming opponent with ease, severing hands and heads as he went, until he came face to face with a girl that stopped him dead in his tracks.

Her bleach blonde hair flowed with the wind as her green eyes seemingly stared directly into his soul, causing his muscles to lose their tension. Her green outfit reminded him of her so much, that he was filled with nothing but regret.

"Lorna?" He asked disbelievingly, but the girl shook her head with a booming laugh that wanted to make Wade cringe. "No, but I'm her daughter." The girl said, her head tilting upwards.

No, he thought. It can't be, I know it can't.

The girl's smirk deepened as she stepped forward, her green spandex-covered thighs swinging as she walked. The girl smiled sickeningly up at the mercenary who was now speechless for once in his life, the words rolling off of her lips like thunder would to the clouds.

Wade's breath hitched as his lip quivered in shock, his swords falling from his grip, hitting the ground with two dull 'thuds.'

"Hello, father. I bet you didn't even know about me, did you?"

1153 words
_______________
(a/n: MEWHAHAHAHAHAHA

SURPRISE, BITCHES!

Anyways, love you guys so much!

Much luv,
~KatXoXo