[4] ▷ remembrance

"PISS off and get out of the way, Rumlow." I threaten, looking up at the tall, built man ahead of me with dangerous eyes. He looked down at me with amusement in his, crossing his beefy arms over his chest to mimic me and piss me off even more. He should know better than to do that.

"I can't do that, princess." He tolerates, and I uncross my arms, my knuckles clenching at my sides. I could feel my nails digging into the soft flesh of my palms. "You can't go and visit him without permission, you know." He says, looking down at me through his eyelashes. I smirk, catching his mistake before he could. I immediately look him directly in the eyes with my own. My eyes began to turn their red, seductive color, hypnotizing the grown man before me. His eyes mirror mine now. "You will get the fuck out of my way, or you will climb up to the tippy-top of the Empire State Building and jump off." I hiss dangerously.

His shoulders slump, and he blinks away the red in his eyes before stepping aside and opening the black gate in front of me. "Thanks, doll." I say falsely over my shoulder as I walk ahead into the room, glancing over at the damned mind-wiping chair as I pass it.

There's been too many times that I've seen him sit in that chair, begging for the pain to stop, screaming for help, — and there was nothing that I could have done to prevent them from wiping his beautiful mind of everything he's ever loved and cared for.

I walk through the double doors that lead to a corridor where the prisoners are kept. I begin to make my way through the empty barred cells and through another set of doors. The corridors were made of white marble, my eyes straining to stay open at the intensity of the brightness. I soon came to a glass cell, and I look inside.

My heart immediately breaks at what I see, and my eyes begin to fill with tears.

His body was almost bare, except for the pair of black boxers on his bottom area. He was curled into fetal position on his makeshift bed that lied on the cold, hard floor. He had no blankets on his body, and his hands were tangled in his hair.

I noticed that he was muttering inaudible words to himself, and his eyes were squinted tightly together. I could see how damp his cheeks were by the light above him reflecting off of them. He was crying.

I decided that I would stop him before he got any worse.

I lightly pressed the button to where I could speak to him. My heart began to beat at a quickened pace and my hands were cold and sweaty.

"Hello, can you hear me?" I ask meekly over the microphone, and like he just gained a breath of air, he sat straight up, his eyes wide as he stared directly through the glass at me, even though I'm pretty sure he couldn't see me. I've been in this cell before.

"Yes," He answers simply, his voice coming out in a raspy croak. I assumed that he probably hasn't talked to anyone in the 3 years that we've been separated. I press the button again, leaning over to speak through the mic.

"Do you recognize my voice?" I ask hopefully, and his eyebrows narrow as he tilts his head only slightly in confusion.

"Yes," He answers once again, and I give a sigh of relief. "May I come in?" I ask once more, and he gives his famous answer again.

I hit the unlock button on the keypad and the door opens, giving me access inside. I slowly step into the door way, making direct eye contact with him. My heart seemed to flutter like a jar full of butterflies, and I couldn't figure out whether it was a good thing or a bad thing.