Chapter Two

Aidan’s Point of View

“CAMP?” I shouted excitedly. “Camp Lion Heart? The rich kid camp?”

 “Aidan, sweetie. It’s only six hundred dollars a month and you are rich kid by definition anyway.” My mom held me by my shaking shoulders, trying to hold me still. “Why are you so excited? It’s just a camp.”

 “Mom…I have done my research on this camp. My friend Stephanie told me that Phil Lee told her that Gretchen Wills told him that her rich neighbor’s cute son, Benjamin State came back from Camp Lion Heart with a committed, passionate and lovey-dovey relationship with this girl!”

 “What’s going on?” My fifteen-year-old sister, Henrietta walked in. She had long braids hanging down her back with a smooth, wide, curvy body, dark brown skin and chocolate brown eyes.

 “Guess what? I’m going to Camp Lion Heart!” I bragged.

 “WHAT? You’re sending him to the camp I wanted to go to?” Henrietta whined.

 “Who said we weren’t?” my other mom walked in suddenly. “Bellanca, honey where did you put the pamphlet I want to read it again.”

 “River, I thought you put it on the fridge.” My mom told her. My moms were a happily married lesbian couple and Henrietta and I are their adopted children.

 “Wait so you are paying twelve hundred dollars for us both to go in what a week.” I asked, widening my eyes and dropping my jaw.

 “No. Henrietta is going next month and you are leaving in four days.” My mom, River explained.

 “Aw man!” Henrietta whined sitting down with her laptop. “I want to go with Aidan so I can annoy him!”

 “Henri, stop whining to your all powerful brother!” I raised my hands up in the air and laughed evilly.

 My moms laughed. I’m fucking hilarious. “So anyway, should I pack now? Is there a list of things I need? And one more important question…do they have good food?”

 “Yes…” my mom, Bellanca giggled.

 “Oh, oh, oh and are they homophobic? If they are then how will my fabulous self fit in well and eat the good food without getting it thrown in my face?”

 “No they aren’t because the Halverson’s son went there last year.”  River patted me on the back.

 “Oh yeah! I remember him! He’s cute!” I chuckled, clasping my hands together excitedly.

 “You are so gay…” Henrietta laughed.

 “You’re so lazy, girl.” I pursed my lips and snapped my fingers then burst out laughing. “Now that was queer! Jokes…jokes….” I held my stomach.

 “Anyway honey, here is the list of things you need and since you are going to be gone for a month you should start packing.”

 “You don’t have to tell me twice!” I jumped off the leather couch and ran out the room squealing in excitement.

 “Camp! Camp! Camp! Camp!” I ran into my large baby blue painted room and grabbed my suitcases out from under my high bed, after closing the door.

 I ran to my vanity and started to count how many things of hair products I should bring. I looked at myself in my large oval mirror.

 I was 17 and had a partially shaven hairdo and the hair that I still had hair hangs off to the side, similar to the Jayy from BOTDF but I have golden brown hair and blue-pink streaks. I have chocolate brown eyes and I got to admit…built with an amazing body.

 I lifted my shirt to the mirror. “Damn I’m smoking.” I hummed to my reflection. I smiled at myself. I hate my braces…

 “Anyway…what to pack, what to pack?” I whispered to myself, looking back at my hair products. “I need my Aussie hairspray, L’oreal hair gel and my baggy of bobby pins! Oh and my lime green contacts for a special occasion!”

 I collected the items and got a small bag and put them all inside except the contacts, I put those in the pocket.

 I grabbed one of my many hairbrushes and stuffed that in as well.

 I ran to my washroom. I have multiples of my toiletries so I could pack all of them right now. So I grabbed my teeth cleaning materials and started putting it all in my official ‘Teeth Cleaning Materials’ bag.

 “So much stuff!” I called out grabbing another tooth cleaning thing. “Why do my mouth have to suck!”

 “Because you’re gay!” I heard my sister call from her room…stupid thin walls.

 “Shut up!” I whacked the wall.

 “You set yourself up for that one, Aidan.” My mom, River said, walking past my bedroom door.

 “MOM!” I shouted. I shook it off and continued packing. I closed my ‘Teeth Cleaning Materials’ bag and set it down with my hair product bag. I went over to my suitcases and grabbed a blue one and plopped it on top of my bed.

 “Now the hard part…what to wear!” I sighed, staring at my huge closet.

I walked over to my double door closet and opened it wide to see my clothes. “Fuck this is going to tough…”