Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

James’s Point of View

“Mom! James’s phone is out!” Damn Lindsey!

 “James Harrison! We have guests.” My mother told me. My phone vibrated. I had been texting to Aidan for a few minutes now. I missed him extremely.

 -love you 2…video chat tonight? Xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxxxxxx

 -yeah! Xoxoxoxoxo

 “James! What did I just say?” my mother repeated. I looked up at my dad and he was glaring.

 “Sorry… Grace. I didn’t mean to get bored in this boring event.” I snapped.

 “James leave and come back in a few minutes to apologize.”  I nodded and walked to the bathroom once again. Since I had already went to take a picture of my lips and sent it to Aidan.

 I sat on the counter and thought for a minute. I think Aidan hasn’t seen me in a tuxedo before or with my shorter hair. I stood up in front of the mirror and tapped my Iglass phone 5s.

 I held it up in front of the mirror winked and pursed my lips. I tapped the phone screen and took the picture. I tapped the screen some more and sent the picture to Aidan.

 -dapper you do look * yoda voice *

 -lol cyl lov u baby <3

 -love you too my dear baby boo

 -:D

 I sighed and locked my phone. I slid it in my pocket and walked back to the dining room. I’m going to do something the guests are going to be shocked at, especially my parents.

 I have been texting, calling, computer messaging and video chatting with Aidan for four months now and I felt like I couldn’t keep it in anymore. I really didn’t care anymore.

 I walked into the dinning room where my family and their guests were sitting.

 “Ahem!” I coughed and they all stopped their bitter chatter then looked at me. “I have something important to say.” 

 My mother smiled, approvingly. She probably thought I was apologizing for being ‘rude’. I cleared my throat and began to speak.

 “I have a secret!” I whispered, they all looked at me like I was an alien.

 “James…” My mom sighed. “If you’re going to cause-“

 “At camp…I fell in love.” She shut up and looked slightly happy.

 “Well this is new to me. Who is she?” My dad asked. Wow he actually talks…

 “Is she tall, blonde and pretty?” my sister, Lindsey asked.

 “No.” I told her.

 “Dark, cool and mysterious?” my sister Lola asked.

 “No.”

“Is she sporty and smart?” my sister Lily asked.

 “No.” I coughed. “Actually to be frank…She is…” Everyone was now staring at me in anticipation. So much attention from my family gave me goose bumps. This was really rare.

 “Well, son. Tell us. Now is she that Jennifer Bucks, she is special and fond of you.” My dad smiled. HE CAN SMILE?

 “She is…actually a…He.” Jaws dropped and gasps were let out.