eleven

A/N: this chapter is a bit longer than normal xx

My mouth dropped open as my eyes laid on him. I should've known it was him; I mentally slapped myself on the forehead at how much of a fucking idiot I was.

The hostess nodded as Louis pushed me past her. He slowly turned his head to face me. That smug smile he had on when he talked to the hostess was still there.

"Excuse me," I stopped walking. His hand that was once gently laid on the small of my back was now pressed hard against my skin, sending chills up. I gasped sharply, but he didn't seem to have noticed.

"What do you think you're doing?" I stepped away from him. Cold air filled the warm spot where his hand once was.

Louis looked at me with a confused yet amused face, "Guiding you to the table, love." he chuckled.

"Why the fuck are you laughing?" I spat out. "There's nothing funny happening here, Louis. Plus, I want nothing to do with you so I'm just going to leave," I turned on my heel and started walking to the elevator.

I heard a loud thud, clattering of dishes, a few gasps and a frustrated grunt. He's overreacting, I rolled my eyes and continued walking.

I was about to pass the hostess' podium before I was yanked to the side and dragged through the restaurant by Louis. We finally stopped at the hallway that held to the restrooms.

"You're leaving?" he chuckled with irritation.

"As a matter of fact, ye-"

"You're not fucking leaving," he cut me off. "We need to talk and you're not leaving here until we talk," he growled.

"You see there's the problem," I smiled, "I don't want to talk to you."

"Then why did you come here?" his smug smile was back, a small fire was dancing in his eyes. His sudden mood changes always catching me by surprise.

"I didn't kno-"

He cut me off again, "know it was me?" he laughed.

"Will you let me finish my damn sentences?" I raised my voice at him, annoyed at how dominant he was being.

His eyes went wide with surprise. I expected him to 'scold' me or something but what he did surprised me.

He threw his head back and laughed, occasionally clapping his hands in front of him. Giving me a perfect view of his jawline and neck, making me want to leave sloppy, wet kisses all over them.

He hung his head and shook it side to side a few times as he contained himself. He looked back up and his eyes met mine. A small smile was playing on his lips.

"Bullshit," he took a step away from me and crossed his arms. "Deep down you knew it was me. Why else would you have come here if you didn't know who the person was?" he tested me.

Without thinking my mouth just said whatever came to my mind, "I wouldn't have come if I didn't know who was texting me," I immediately realized what I said and dropped my head into my hands.

"Exactly," I heard him say. "Now let's talk," he wrapped his hand around my wrist and led me out of the hallway and towards the back of the restaurant.

He let go of my hand as we were in front of a booth. "Sit," he motioned at the cushioned chair. I muttered 'I'm not a dog' under my breath as I slid in.

Louis slid in the seat across from me, "Don't mutter things," he scolded me. "It's not nice," he emphasized the nice.

"Oh! You want to talk about nice?" I quickly retorted, ready to call him out on every not nice thing he has done to me.

"Hey guys, what drinks can I start you guys off with?" the waiter interrupted Louis before he was about to answer.

Louis quickly changed to an intimidating behavior as he ordered, "I'll have scotch on the rocks," he looked at the waiter with a cold stare. It sent chills up and down my spine even if he wasn't staring at me.

"And for you?" the waiter shifted his attention to me, obvious that he didn't want to look at Louis once more.

"She'll have water," Louis ordered for me. The waiter nodded and said a quick 'I'll be back with your drinks'

"I don't want you to get more mouthy with me," Louis gave me a stare as he leaned onto his forearms that he placed on the table. Our waiter was quick with our drinks; he came just as Louis was done talking. "I'd rather have your mouth be doing something else than talking back to me," Louis said as our waiter walked away.

He raised his drink to me and winked before drinking from it. My mouth, involuntarily, dropped open as he finished drinking his scotch and let out a little sigh from the burn.

"Your mouth, Alexis," his eyes were focused on his glass as he swirled it in a circle, making the ice shift, clanking around. As soon as I shut my jaw, his eyes flicked to mine. "First warning of the night," he winked.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Can we just get on with it already?" I said with annoyance. "What do you want to talk to me about?" I leaned against the table, trying to give an 'I'm not intimidated by you' demeanor.

"Yes, lets." he said before downing the rest of his drink. The ice clanking even more in the now empty glass as he set it down on the table. I noticed the numbers 28 tattooed on the front of his fingers.

"About that night in the club," he started but I stopped him.

"I didn't see anything. I know," I rolled my eyes and leaned against the wood behind me.

"Good," he nodded.

"Is that all? Because if it is then this was a waste of time," I said with irritation.

"No, I wanted to ask you why. Why were you so upset when you saw me in that restroom?" he asked. He was leaning closer, and deeper, into the table-showing interest into what I have to say.

I was taken by surprise, "Oh, uhm.." I bit my lip and furrowed my eyebrows as I trailed off.

"Well," I said after a few seconds of silence, "long story short, my brothers got dragged into drugs and it didn't end well for them," my voice lowered with each word as I focused my eyes on the table.

"I'm so sorry," I heard him softly say. I looked up to see him with a sympathetic look in his eyes. "Do you wish you could've known something would've happened to them? And possibly do something to help them?"

I looked at him with a serious stare, "Every fucking day." I narrowed my eyes at him for asking such an idiotic question.

He took a deep breath and let out a shaky one. Louis fucking Tomlinson was nervous. A small smile played on my lips as I realized this.

"Can I ask you one more thing?" he asked. I nodded in response.

"Can you help me?"

A/N:

thank you so much for who still read!

pls don't forget to vote and comment! it keeps me motivated and it's nice to hear/see that you guys enjoy this story :)

and please vote for me at @thefanfictionawards under: best louis tomlinson fanfiction, best of the undiscovered, and best of the little :) tysm!