twenty nine

By the time we reached the big, orange store Louis was still upset with me because I teased him. He couldn't take a joke. Louis zoomed into the farthest possible parking spot from the door, turned off the engine, and quickly got out and slammed his door.

I scoffed out loud as I climbed out of his car. As soon as I closed the door, Louis immediately locked it and started walking towards the building. "Louis." I called after him but he ignored me. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and checked my messages real quick.

From: Natalie Riggs 3:08pm
If you're not busy babysitting, can you work the shoot tonight? It starts at six but you're probably going to want to come in fifteen minutes early just in case.

Another text came in that held the address. I put my phone down, looked forward, and saw that a car was coming my way so I quickly walked to the side. The drivers hand made a 'what' motion and I did the same back. After thinking about it for a few seconds, I picked up my phone and started to respond.

To: Natalie Riggs 3:10pm
Who's working tonight?

And in a matter of seconds she replied.

From: Natalie Riggs 3:10pm
Not your boyfriend, if that's what you're wondering :P

I started laughing while looking down at my phone, suddenly I was pulled by the arm followed by a loud and long car horn and someone yelling curse words at me. I looked at rode with wide eyes and an open mouth, my hands close to my chest, clutching my phone.

"What are you doing on your phone?!" Louis yelled. "Playing Pokemon Go or something? Pay attention to the damn road or you're going to get killed, Alexis, fucking hell." He released my arm and continued walking down the parking lot but abruptly stopped. "Get off your phone and walk in front of me." He ordered, but I didn't listen. "Now, Alexis." Turning around, his eyes narrowed and angry, he growled.

I rolled my eyes at him, shoved my phone into my back pocket, and caught up to him. I could practically feel his eyes burning holes through the back of my skull. "Can you stop trying to drill holes in the back of my with your eyes?" I said over my shoulder.

"Can you stop being a pain in the ass?" He spat back. I stopped and harshly turned on my heel. Facing him, I said, "Can you stop being a jerk?"

"Can you stop being so bossy? You're acting like my mother." He said.

"Well, maybe if you stopped acting like a child I wouldn't have to act like your mother!" I raised my voice.

"Will you stop giving me hard time about every single little thing? It gets really annoying, Alexis!" He started to raise his voice too.

Here we were, in the middle of a Home Depot's parking lot, about to have a screaming match. People were walking by us, giving us nasty stares. Louis and I would take turns giving them angry stares as the passed us.

"You know what gets annoying, Louis? You! You and your random ass mood swings. One minute you're happy the next you want to fuck the shit out of me then after that you're right back at hating me! I can't keep up with you!" This gave people the opportunity to gasp and look at me. I snapped my eyes at whoever looked at me and yelled a 'what' to them.

"Has it ever occurred to you that, maybe, if you weren't so annoying I wouldn't have these so called 'mood swings' you claim that I have? Maybe if you just listened to me and quit challenging me on things, I wouldn't be so confusing! Everything that you do that annoys me I've pointed it out before, but you keep doing the same things." Louis was fuming by now.

"Listen to you?" I questioned, "You want me to listen to you? You don't own me, Louis. I have my own mind and I listen to myself. If you were my mother then yes I would listen to you but you're not. You're a model, Louis, a model. I don't have to listen to you." I lowered my voice now, slightly calming down.