forty six

"Where are you?" Louis' raspy voice echoed down the hallway. Light footsteps coming towards me. I screwed the cap on my water bottle, set it down, and rose from the couch.

I walked around it to meet Louis. His hair was sticking up all over the place and I couldn't hold in my laughter. I bent over, clutching my stomach, as Louis came to a halt in front of me.

"What are you laughing at?" He chuckled, unaware.

"You." I snickered before pushing him to the closest mirror. As soon as Louis saw himself in the mirror, I doubled in laughter. I literally fell to the floor laughing. It was one of those "you had to be there" moments.

Louis, quickly, turned around and stared at me. His eyes sending darts to me under his furrowed eyebrows. His jawline becoming more noticeable as he clenched his jaw, getting angry. "It's not funny." Louis snarled before angrily fixing his hair.

I finally contained myself, fixed myself into a seated position, and placed my arms around my bent knees. Clasping my hands in the front. "Is baby upset?" I mocked, pouting my lips at him.

Louis bent down, his faces inches from mine. His warm hand reached up and grasped both sides of my cheek. His thumb on the left, the rest of his fingers on the right, his palm underneath my chin. He forced me to look into his eyes that had angry flames dancing behind them.

"Baby doesn't like to be treated like a fucking baby." He growled before lightly, but still roughly, shoving my face away and walking away.

I rolled my eyes, swiveled around on my butt, and began to crawl back towards the couch. "Baby is rude." I muttered.

Louis' head popped out from the corner on the couch as I was about to reach it. "Oh, shit." I cursed as my hands slipped from under me, crashing into the floor. "Mouth, Alexis." Louis extended a hand and lightly touched my lips. My whole body froze under his touch, craving more from such a small motion.

"Baby wouldn't be so rude if Alexis wasn't such a headache." Louis winked before sitting back into the couch. He let out a long, loud yawn. Then, loud thuds were heard and I quickly stood up.

I looked over at Louis who was hitting his fist into the couch. "I'm still sleepy?!" Louis yelled. "I am so sick of sleeping."

"It's your medicine," I answered before sitting on the other side of the couch, "you took it really late so you're going to be asleep almost all day." I gave him shrug. "And why is it that you get a nickname and I'm still called Alexis in that little bit a few seconds ago?" I crossed my arms.

Louis' eyes, as if second nature, flicked down to my breast and a smug smile played on his lips. "Don't do that, Alexis." Louis whispered. His voice tickled my ears even though he was so far away. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as if he whispered in my ear and I slowly uncrossed my arms.

"You don't have a nickname because you already took 'baby,' baby." Louis winked at me before a yawn erupted from his mouth. "Fucking hell." He groaned.

"Just go to sleep, you need rest. You've been looking pretty pale." I joked around.

"It's because I fucking got shot, Alexis." Louis hissed with annoyance evident in his tone.

I immediately shut my mouth. My lips rubbing together as words were threatening to spill out.

"Stop doing that with your mouth." Louis spoke. "I like seeing your lips." He said just before a yawn broke out. Louis then laid across the couch, his head close to my lap. His feet hanging over the couch and he was fast asleep.

I lightly chuckled. Slowly, I rose from the couch. Small hisses escaped from the cushions as they slowly inflated back to its original shape and size. I grabbed a blanket and threw it over Louis' body and brought his leg onto the couch. "You'll be glad I did that because no one likes waking up to a numb leg." I whispered as I did so.