fifty seven

Louis and I arrived at his house with forty five minutes to get ready. Now, being a girl, I started to panic because I get ready within forty five minutes at least. And Louis? I wasn't sure he'd get ready in time knowing him.

"So how fancy should I dress?" He asked me as he walked into his closet, meanwhile, I flopped down onto his bed.

"Dress as fancy as you want, sugar." I said in my best southern accent.

Louis, almost instantaneously, stuck out his head from the closet. "Don't you ever fucking do that again." He laughed. This caused me to burst out in loud, body-shaking laughter.

Tears started to form in my eyes as I continued laughing. Involuntarily rolling onto my side. Suddenly, a pain was felt in my backside. "Your ass is peaking out, love." Louis said in a monotonous voice, as if he didn't just slap my butt.

I looked behind me, confused. "It's a long dress!" I told him.

He slightly turned his face to me. "I know." He winked and walked into the bathroom.

A squeak escaped the bathroom then sounds of water hitting the ground erupted from the bathroom. "Care to join me, Alexis?" Louis called out.

Electricity flowed through my body at the sound of his voice. Whether it was because of him saying my whole name, like it usually causes, or because of his sexy invitation, I didn't know. But a smile erupted from my lips. "No thanks, baby." I teased him with a pet name.

I swear, I heard a slip of his foot from the bathroom. I stifled my laughter. "Say it again." Louis said, oh, so softly but still audible.

"No." I smirked. I could sense Louis staring at me through the shower curtain. Eyes probably zeroed in on me. Eyebrows knitted tightly together. Lips pursed along with his jaw tense. "Try again." Louis mumbled with frustration.

I paused, causing the tension to grow thicker. The smirk on my face grew into a full-on grimace. "Baby." I called out. I heard Louis faintly chuckle. The thought of him smiling made me smile. I knew how much Louis loved it when I called him pet names, but it was very rare when I did.

Louis and I didn't speak to each other while he was showering. I lay quiet on his bed while he lowly hummed a tune to a song I didn't know. I didn't realize how tired I was until the sound of water hitting the floor, mixed with Louis' hums, lulled me to a tired state and then to sleep.

----------

I woke up at the sound of something smacking against wood. I shot up, my eyes wide with worry. They landed on Louis who was looking back at me with wide eyes. His whole body frozen. "Sorry." He muttered, reaching down to pick up the can of hairspray.

"But it is time to wake up." His voice was back to normal; the usual bossy tone he always has.

I groaned. Very loud and very unlady like... and very long. "Or we can just not go to dinner, that is fine with me." Louis spoke above my groans. I quickly stopped.

I looked at my watch. "Nope, we got to go." I jumped up and walked over to him.

Louis and I just looked at each other through the mirror. Sparks of joy flickering behind both of our eyes. "Happy birthday." I whispered, a smile spreading on my face.

Louis let out a small smile. "Thank you." He whispered.

Our eyes lingered on each other for a few more moments. Nothing but sweet silence filling the air. Louis was the first to look away. He looked down at his hand, the can of hairspray in it. "I need your help." He smiled an ashamed smile.

I rolled my eyes at him, but in an annoyed way. I grabbed the hairspray from his hand and pushed him down onto the edge of his bed. His bed was lower than the chairs I work with. I lifted my arms to reach his hair. I didn't even notice that I leaned into Louis until his breath hit right at my chest; my breast to be exact.