Other Characters (Minor Characters)

Julia: She appeared in 4 episodes (The Story of the 50, Jess & Julia, Valentine's Day and The Bully). She was Nick's first girlfriend after Caroline. She has anger issues and a weird problem with Jess (most of the time). She (unsuccessfully) tried to get Jess out of a fine. She is not a dessert person. She was played by Lizzy Caplan.

Russell Shiller: He appeared in 5 episodes (Fancy Man parts 1 & 2, Normal, Tomatoes and First Date). He was the father of one of Jess' students-Sarah- he insists that Sarah is pulled from creativity hours. He ends up dating Jess. Nick loves Russell and idolizes him. He was played by Dermot Mulroney.

Paul Genzlinger: A male version of Jess. He worked at the same school as Jess. He used to spend every Thanksgiving with his grandmother until she died, he was invited to join Jess and her roommates for theirs. He dates Jess for a little while and then later on (after they've broken up) they sleep together again only to find he has a girlfriend that is an Asian Jess. He was played by Justin Long.

Caroline: She appeared in 5 episodes (Pilot, Wedding, Tomatoes, Backslide and See Ya) Nick's ex-girlfriend. Nick was madly in love with her and the break up effected him really badly. Caroline likes the fact that Nick is always going to be there, so she flirts with him and teases him, which messes him up. She was played by Mary Elizabeth Ellis.

Gina: Gina is Schmidt's boss and the mother of Elvin, the boy who Winston looks after. Gina and Schmidt bond when he goes to her baby shower and as the only guy there makes it rock. She was played by Michaela Watkins.

Nadia: She has appeared in 4 episodes (Secrets, Tomatoes, Models and Bachelorette Party). She is a model and Cece's friend and roommate. She is from Russia. She went on a date with Schmidt and broke his penis. She was played by Rebecca Reid.

Kim: She works with Schmidt and teases him constantly. They end up making out in the parking lott which results in Schmidt getting arrested. She was played by Gillian Vigman.

Amanda: A bartender that worked with Nick. They try to sleep together but Jess messes things up for them multiple times. She was played by Lake Bell.

Spencer: Spencer is Jess' ex boyfriend, who she caught cheating on her. Played by Ian Wolterstorff.

Sadie: Sadie is Jess and Cece's friend. She is a lesbian gynaecologist that is married with a child. Schmidt is fascinated that she might know more about vagina's than him and idolises her calling her a "vagenius". She was played by June Diane Raphael.

Benjamin: He appeared in 2 episodes (Pilot and The Story of the 50) Benjamin is Schmidt's friend from college(love/hate relationship). He is a douchebag and is very self-centred. He made Schmidt sing "We built this Schmidty". He was played by David Neher.

Rochelle: Rochelle is Spencer's new girlfriend- the one he cheated on Jess with. She was played by Ashton Swinford.

Jimmy Longjam- He was the alternate usher in "Wedding" and a real thorn in Winnie's side. This led to a dance off. He was played by Armaan Juneja.

Alisha Bishop: Winston's younger sister. Schmidt hit on her. She was played by Keenyah Hill.

Dirk: Nick's college roommate. He collects degrees. He's the smartest guy Nick knows. He was played by Martin Starr.

Holly: A girl Nick, Winston and Schmidt meet at the bar. They all like her and all try to hook up with her. She likes sad guys. She was played by Brooklyn Decker.

Tanya Lamontagne: She has appeared in 4 episodes (The Story of the 50, Bully, Fancy Man part 1, Re-Launch) She is the Principle of the school Jess worked at. She was played by Rachel Harris.