Season 1 Episode List

Episode 1: Pilot- Jessica "Jess" Day moves into an apartment that is already inhabited by Nick Miller, Schmidt and Coach. They soon find out living with Jess was not what they hoped for and Jess is not your normal girl. Although after some unfortunate events the guys come to love the weird-but-wonderful Jess.

Episode 2: Kryptonite- The character Winston is introduced, he comes back from playing pro-ball in Latvia. He moves into the loft  as Coach has left. Jess breaks the TV. Which results in a battle with both herself and her ex Spencer as she attempts to get her TV and things back.

Episode 3: Wedding- Nick asks Jess to be his pretend girlfriend at a wedding that he's scared he will run into his ex (Caroline) at a wedding they go to. Schmidt pursues Brooke his college crush, but his usual wedding-hook-up Gretchen knows he'll be going home with her as usual. Winston is an usher a the wedding, a  battle begins with "the alternate usher" a child.

Episode 4: Naked- Nick walks in on a dancing and naked Nick, she laughs which damages his self-confidence and his dates with Amanda his co-worker. Cece gives Jess advice on how to solve the awkwardness there now is between her and Nick. When Winston fails at a job interview,  he goes overboard on filling his mind with the latest pop-culture. Schmidt makes it his mission to see Nick's penis since he's the only one in the loft who hasn't.

Episode 5: Cece Crashes- Jess has to collect and drunk and broken-hearted (kinda) Cece from a club, resulting in the model sleeping at the loft. During Cece's stay she manages to convince Jess Nick likes her to the point so turns slightly insane (but what's new there) and she has Winston and Schmidt hanging on her every word. Schmidt finally tries to get together with Cece.

Episode 6: Thanksgiving- Jess invites her fellow teacher (who she has a crush on) Paul to Thanksgiving at the loft. Cece becomes attracted to Schmidt- mostly because of how he acts whilst cooking the dinner. Everyone but Nick comes to like Paul. A series of embarrassing events occur including the burning of the oversized turkey, causing the gang to make an unfortunate discovery.

Episode 7: Bells- Jess forms a handbell team for delinquents. When she discovers Winston is skilled at it she insists he joins which results in him being obsessed with being the best. Fortunately Winston learns his lesson in the end. Nick and Schmidt start a war over money, which goes much too far.

Episode 8: Bad In Bed- Jess is scared about sleeping with Paul, so she asks the guys for sex advice. Schmidt competes with a co-worker and goes to his boss's baby shower.

Episode 9: The 23rd- It's Schmidt's office Christmas party and all the gang are going! Winston makes friends with Schmidt's boss' son. Schmidt gives Cece a handmade-by-him perfume (Cecilia No.5). Paul tells Jess he loves her- she does not feel the same and tells Nick so, only to have him drop her in it.

Episode 10: The Story of the 50-  Jess throws Schmidt a surprise 29th birthday party when his party bus cancels on him. She gets him school bus for him by inviting her crazy boss Tanya. A lot of things go wrong but Schmidt loves the party all the same. Schmidt's douche friend Benjamin makes plans to hit on Jess which Schmidt puts and end to. Nick introduces his girlfriend Julia to the gang as he tries his best to impress her. Schmidt makes a pass at Jess at the end of the night resulting in him putting $50 dollars in the jar.

Episode 11: Jess and Julia- When Jess gets a traffic ticket she turns to Nick's lawyer girlfriend Julia to help her fight it.  The whole thing results in a fight between the girls. Winston and Shelby re-unite. Cece gets riled over Julia who eventually gets used to Jess and we meet Sadie for the first time.