The Hunger Games: Extended Epilouge

Katniss POV.

Once we arrived on the hovercraft, Haymitch and Effie were there waiting for us.

"There you two are! What took you so long? I was about ready to come down there and fetch you!" Effie says in her annoying Capitol accent, while Haymitch makes a face behind her back. I put my hand over my mouth to prevent an outburst of laughter from the face Haymitch is making. I look over to Peeta, and I see he is trying to compose himself also. "Do you really think that this is funny?" Effie asks.

"Yes, we do." Haymitch says from behind her, Peeta and I burst out laughing. Effie purses her lips in annoyance. Haymitch pulls out a flask, and takes a swing from it.

"Is that really necessary, Haymitch?" Effie asks referring to the alcohol.

"Why yes Effie it-" Haymitch starts to say but she cuts him off.

"No it isn't! We need you sober for this meeting!" Haymitch groans. I feel bad for him, I know he won't be able to face this without a bottle.

"Come on Effie, let him have it." I say in annoyance to the situation. Effie turns to me, her hands on her hips.

"Really Katniss." I roll my eyes. "He doesn't need to be drunk the entire time, especially for the meeting."

"I highly doubt that he will be the entire time." Peeta says joining in on the conversation.

"You've obviously never seen him drunk." I say under my breath, but Peeta's keen ears catch it.

"Do you not remember the first train ever, I had to clean-" I cut him off.

"Please, don't remind me, I don't want to relive that moment."

"I was the one that had to cleaned him off!"

"I don't care if you had to. Well, you didn't have to, you volunteered, even after I suggested to get a Capitol attendant to help you!" He just stands there defeated.

"This just proves my point, he should not be drinking." Effie says in her matter of fact tone. We turn to Haymitch to tell him to put the flask away, but he has already left the room, probably in annoyance.