Chapter 12

Chapter 12

~Peeta’s POV~

I wake up to Katniss laying next to me, her gray eyes already open and looking at me. “Morning.”

She smiles. “Good morning.” She sits up and stretches, and I can’t help but stare at her beauty. She notices, “What?”

“Heh, nothing.” I say.

She looks at me in disbelief. “Whaaaatttt???? Is my hair messed up or something?” I laugh.

“I swear it’s nothing, cant I look at my beautiful fiancée?”

She thinks for a moment. “Ummm… no.” She jumps up grabs her clothes and runs into the bathroom before I can even say anything. I can hear her laughing through the wall, I chuckle and get ready. I hear the shower and I know I’ve got a good hour before she comes out. I take my painting from the corner of the room and take it to the dining room.

“Hey Haymitch.”

“Today’s the day?” I nod. “Does she know?”

“Nope.” He grunts and takes another drink. “and don’t get drunk, they should be here in a few minutes.”

“Well, let’s pray she doesn’t shoot us.”

 I go back to the room and see Katniss sitting on the end of the bed. “Where were you?” she asks.

“Oh just talking to Haymitch.” I go over and kiss her.

“What was that for?” I just shrug. “So what are we doing today?” she gets up and heads to the door.

“Wait!”

She turns. “What?”

“I’ve got a surprise for you.”

“Peeta! You know I hate surprises!” I chuckle.

“Come on, you’ll love it.” She glares at me. I go over and kiss her, as soon as we break the kiss there’s a small knock on the door. She turns to the door but I stop her. “I’ll get it!” she gives me a weird look, shrugs and walks away.

I open the door to see Effie, I raise my eyebrows and she nods. Good, the surprise is ready. I close the door. “Who was it?”

“Just Effie. Come on, I have to show you your surprise.” She groans. “Oh, come on.” She gets up and runs to the door. “Wait!” she turns.

“Whaaaatttt????” She wines. I pick up a blind fold and hold it out to her. “Seriously?” I nod. She sighs and I tie the blind fold over her eyes. I lead her out the door and down the hallway to the dining room. “Now don’t take the blind fold off yet.” I click the light off and tiptoe away. “Ugh, Peeta! What’s going on? What’s this big surprise?” like I thought she takes off the blind fold. “What? Why is it so dark?” she clicks on the light and…

~Katniss POV~

“SURPRISE!!!!!!” I jump back in surprise as everyone jumps out from various hiding places. Peeta, Haymitch, Effie, Johanna, Beetee, Annie and little Finn. “What the…”

“Happy birthday Katniss!” Effie says as she runs up and hugs me.

“Umm, my birthday was days ago…” I say in confusion as Haymitch and Peeta walk up.

“We know, but we figured that if we just ignored it the day of, and then have a party later, it would be a bigger surprise.” Peeta says and he gives me a small peck on the lips.

“Come on sweetheart, we even made a cake!” Haymitch says.

"By we, I’m guessing you mean Peeta?” I say with a small laugh.