Chapter 15

~Katniss P.O.V.~

I continue sitting in my same spot, never moving. I don't know how long I sat in my chair until I feel hands on my shoulders, causing me to look up. I instantly lock eyes with Peeta's dark blue eyes which I can get lost in so easily.

"Katniss-" His voice breaks me out of my thoughts. He walks over to the chair that Haymitch was sitting in, and sits down looking at me. "Are you alright? You've been in here for 3 hours." So that's how long I've been sitting here.

"Yeah. I'm fine. It's just.." I trail off.

"It's just what Katniss?" Peeta asks leaning forward taking my hand and massaging it out of the fist I didn't even know my hand was in.

"It's just that Haymitch told me about his past. I didn't even know how bad he had it. I can't even imagine what he went through." I say with tears running down my cheeks.

He has my hands in his, looking up at me with those eyes again. Those eyes that never cease to comfort me. I slowly start to lean in pressing my lips to his, a wave of heat running through me. We pull away because of a lack of oxygen. we press our foreheads against each other. We just stay there, looking into each others eyes, feeling like a small moment of bliss before we get a rude intrusion by Effie.

"Oh my. Sorry for the interruption." She says when we finally pull away. "I don't meant to intrude, but President Paylor has requested you both in the meeting room." That's right. We have the meeting today, the last one before we can go home, and get on with our lives.

I sit through the entire meeting listening to Paylor talk about the games, and how they will be operated, and such stuff. I don't even bother to try and object since it will get me no where since I keep getting it's too late thrown into my face.

I lose interest halfway through the meeting, and I end up getting sucked into it even when I don't say anything. Figures, because that is just my luck.

"Katniss?" Paylors voice intrudes my thoughts. I look up at her and raise my eyebrows not wanting  to speak. "Are you on board with the final details?" She asks. I look around the room to see everyone looking at me.

I clear my throat. "Yeah. I'm all good. Can I leave now?" I ask wanting to get out of this place as quickly as I can. I see her start to nod, so I get up and leave without a second thought. I hear her calling after me but I don't care. I just keep heading up to my floor.

Effie stops me before I can make it into mine and Peeta's room. "Katniss. I must tell you that you need to dress nicely for the ride over to the train station since you are still considered a victor, and you are a well known celebrity here."

I sigh. "Thanks for the heads up. Anything in particular that I actually need to wear?"

"Your outfit should be laying out on the bed along with Peeta's. Speaking of him, where is he?"

"Still in the meeting room." I say plainly before going around her and entering my room. I close the door and lean up against it with my eyes closed.

I hear giggling so I open my eyes to see my prep team sitting on my bed. I have to use all my strength to refrain my jaw from dropping to the floor. I am so shocked to see them since I haven't seen them in almost a year. They all jump up from the bed and give me lots of hugs and some that are bone crushing telling me how much they've all missed me.

 Flavius has regained his orange curly hair once again, and tells me that he is going to start my bath so I can be beautified again. Venia and Octavia still look as freakish as ever, but I've missed them, so I don't mind too much. the leave into the bathroom to start setting up letting my pack up my few things that I brought here.

I start packing when I hear the door open and close down the hall. That must be Peeta. I leave my room and walk down to his room where I can hear some scuffling across the floor. I slowly open the door to see him painting and I stop dead in my tracks when I see the paintings that sit there. These paintings are the same things that I find haunting my nights. They are of the war, who died, like Prim, Cinna, Finnick, but mostly his family. His mom, brothers, and his dad, doing things around the bakery. That's when I notice how bad HE has it. That's what resides in his nightmares, how little he has left, and how much he's lost.  I feel so bad, after everything I've done. No, bad isn't the word. Selfish is the word. All I've been doing is thinking about how bad I have it when Peeta has it so much worse. I feel terrible for the fact that I was going to kill myself and literally leave him all alone, with no family, no friends, no fiance.

"Peeta." I say in a voice just above a whisper. He turns around almost instantly wiping the tears away. He sees me looking at his paintings.

"You shouldn't have seen that." He tells me taking them down and turning them away. His face suddenly changes into pure anger. "Katniss get out of here." He yells snapping me out of my shock, but I can't move. "I said get OUT!" He yells with more force. He start throwing his paintings, and completely destroying the place. But I still can't move.

Once almost all the paintings are destroyed, even the ones of Prim, Finnick, and Cinna. Peeta falls to the ground away from me, hands gripping his hair and cries, shaking like crazy. It's a few moments when I finally snap out of my shock I go over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. He stands up and he whips around so I can see his eyes, that are no longer blue, but those of his hijacked ones.

I back away in horror looking into those eyes, those eyes who I saw trying to choke me, those eyes that I saw when we were in the capitol during the rebellion. 

His eyes slowly turn back to normal and he falls back to the ground, burying his face in his hands and starts crying. I have tears threatening to fall when I walk over to him and drop down next to him, puling him into a tight embrace. I run my fingers through his soft blond locks, telling him that it's going to be okay. I just hold him, like he's done for me so many times.

I lay my head against his, thinking back to our second games, when he said that I was all that he has, and if I died then he would have nothing. I can finally see that now, and I will never leave him.

Once I feel that he's done crying I slowly start to release him and he sits up all the way looking at me. "I came in here to tell you that we need to start packing, and that there is an outfit laying on the bed for you to change into." He gives me a confused look "For when we go to train station, since we are still celebrities." I tell him in my Effie Trinket impression causing him to laugh.

"Okay. I'll be there in a second. I have to clean up in here first." He tells me looking around the destroyed room. I nod and help him up. "Oh, and Katniss?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you." He pauses for a moment. "I didn't hurt you did I?" He asks in a small voice.

I shake my head. "No. You didn't. You took out the anger more on the room than me. I'm okay."  I say giving him a kiss on the cheek. "I got to go. My prep team is waiting for me."

"Have fun." He says giving me a smile. I give him an annoyed look that causes him to laugh. I turn to exit the room when he catches my arm and pulls me in, giving me a kiss on my lips. I give him a confused look. "That is to say thank you again. For staying and helping me."

I smile. "No problem. You always do it for me." I say before leaving the room and heading to mine to get made over. Again.

AN: Hey guys. Well there is chapter 15. Once they get on the train we are going to start jumping around a bit, so we can get moving. Love you all! I shall talk to all of you soon! Don't forget to comment what you think! :)