Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Peeta’s POV

I don’t mind being back in the capitol, but I know how much Katniss hates it. She blows off steam by shooting, I do it by painting. My newest work is Katniss’s birthday present, which I'm running a little late with since we all have been busy.

Suddenly there’s a knock on the door. I cover up my painting, wipe off my hands, and open it. “Hello Haymitch, and no Katniss and I aren’t doing anything. She’s down training with Johanna.” I say as soon as he walks in; or should I say stumbles in bringing the smell of alcohol with him.

“Ugh, I know she’s down with the crazy axe murderer.”

I chuckle. “Come on Haymitch, she hasn’t killed anyone since the games.”

“I’m not talking about people. I’m talking about the axes!”

“What?”

“Did you see how many axes she’s broken? She is obviously a deranged axe murderer!” we both burst out laughing.

“So what did you come here for?” I ask once I catch my breath.

“Oh yea…well, I wanted to talk to you about Effie…” he says awkwardly.

“Yea well what about her?” he sits next to me on the bed.

“Umm…well first I think you should know she is just a onetime thing... I mean I’m in a committed relationship with Hazel, but…”

“But…” I know he’s hiding something.

“But, Effie doesn’t seem to know that, and I don’t know how to tell her, or Hazel…”

I sigh. “Ok well first you have to tell them both the truth.” A look of pure fear flashed across his face. “Haymitch, you know you have to.”

“Ugh, I need a drink.” He gets up and starts to the door.

“Haymitch! You’re going to talk to them right?” he grunts. “Haymitch.”

“Do I have to?” he wines like a little kid.

“Yes”

“But have you seen Effie’s nails? She’s gunna rip me to shreds!” I keep a stern face and refuse to laugh. He mumbles. “Heh I thought it was funny.” He turns to the door and leaves. I sigh and go back to my painting.

~Later that day. Still Peeta's P.O.V.~  

"You talked to him?" Katniss asked sitting next to me on the couch in the screening room.  

"Yeah. I told him that he needs to talk to Effie and Hazel both about what went down here. I don't want him to hurt Hazel by screwing around with Effie." She nods. "What were you and Johanna talking about?"  

She shrugs. "About what's going on, and how these games are wrong. Normal stuff. I just needed a normal person to talk to besides you."  

"Normal... She's normal... Are any of us normal?" She laughs.

  "Sure." I smile and give her a kiss on the forehead.  

"I think we should start thinking about when we are going to get married. We need to pick a date for our toasting."  

"Yeah. We do. I don't know." She yawns. "Can we talk about this tomorrow? I still need to get in the shower, and I'm exhausted."

I just nod, and watch her go into the bathroom. I fall into a dreamless sleep before she comes back.  

AN: I am Soooooooo Sorry for the long wait... been suuuper busy with school keeping up my grades, and now with my three thanksgiving dinners, and now tomorrow with the Ohio State, MIchigan game. Go buckeyes! Anyway, please let me know what you think, and thank you for reading! Love you guys!