Chapter 7

AN: Hey guys, here is chapter 7, sorry its been a little while, but I have been super busy with school already and volleyball on top of that! Love you guys!!!!!! P.S. This chapter is a little funny, especially in the beginning.

~

After Dinner:

After dinner Peeta and I go back to my room, but once we get to the door our path is blocked by none other than, "Haymitch." Peeta says calmly. He just glares, "Everything okay?"

He scowls. "Don't think i don't know what you two are up to!" Haymitch says. Shit, please tell me he doesn't know about earlier.

"Haymitch, it's not what you think." Peeta says with the calm look plastered on his face.

"Oh its exactly what I think! You two thought you could just sneak away from dinner and go fuck like bunnies!" His face red with anger.

"We didn't sneak away." I say practically hiding behind Peeta's strong arm.

"And what makes you think we want to fuck like bunnies?" Peeta says

"Don't you mess with me lover boy! I know what you're up to!"

I can't take it any longer. "Haymitch shut up!" I yell at him, both him and Peeta are startled. "We don't fuck like bunnies, and we don't intend to! Now if you're so concerned about someone fucking, go and fuck Effie! We all know you want to!" and with that I push them both out of the way, go to my room, and slam my door in their faces.

I don't know how long I sit on my bed, but before I know it my door is creeping open. "Katniss?" a soft quiet voice says. "Katniss?" it says again. I look up to see Peeta sliding in the room, and quietly shutting the door behind him.

"What's wrong?"

"Paylor is in the screening room. She says she needs to talk to you about something. You're not in trouble are you?"

"I honestly don't know. Maybe." I get up, give him a kiss, and I walk out to where Paylor is.

"Hello Katniss. How are you?" Paylor says getting up from her chair.

"I'm good. Weird to be back here."

"I bet. Well lets get down to business." She says taking me up to the roof to talk privately. "Do you know why I am talking to you?" I shake my head. "As you know, we are discussing the Capitol games tomorrow with the remaining victors. I also want to tell you to be careful on your decisions, we don't need anything happening to you." Her eyes flicker down to my stomach, and back up to my eyes. "You know what I'm talking about." and with that she leaves me on the roof by myself.

I feel like I'm going to be sick. That is just a disturbing thought. Reminds me of Snow and how he said that he knew of that one kiss between Gale and I.

I leave the roof, and head back to my room where Peeta sits in a chair in the corner of the room sleeping. I laugh slightly at the sight, so before I wake him up I get changed into my pajamas.

Once I wake up Peeta and he gets into his pajamas we snuggle up close under the covers and fall into a dreamless sleep.

~

Before The Meeting:

After we wake up, get dressed, and finish eating we have a few hours to spare before the meeting for the Capitol games. I'm starting to regret voting yes in the first place, I don't want any of this anymore, and I don't need the blood on my hands.

"Katniss" Peeta's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. "Do you hear something?"

I stay quiet to hear a faint banging down the hall and into a supply closet. We crack the door and quickly shut it to the disturbing sight before us. Haymitch took my advice after all. He decided to fuck Effie. Peeta and I walk back into the dining room and we were so creeped out. For how disturbing the situation is, it's kind of funny since I told Haymitch to do just that the night before.

"Did you notice that Effie's wig was askew, and Haymitch was moaning like a girl?" Peeta asks me shuttering at the memory. I laugh slightly. I nod and we walk back to our room.

"What do you want to do?" I ask closing the door behind me. "We have a few hours."

Peeta looks at me with an unmistakable sparkle in his eye. He goes over and locks the door. He picks me up bridal style and sets me on the bed. "I think I have an idea." he says quietly before kissing me.

~

The Meeting:

All of the remaining victors are sitting around a round table talking to each other waiting for the meeting to start. Paylor finally tells us to be quiet so we can talk about the games. She starts off on what age group, and we agreed on the same ages from the last games, and the same time of the year to make it easier,

I sit there next to Peeta, not even wanting to be there since i'm at peace with Prim's death. I regret my decision, so I don't participate much in the meeting. I mostly look around the room, and the other victors.

Haymitch seems to be in a better mood since yesterday, maybe Effie is good at something. Annie is there with her and Finnick's son. He looks so much like him already. Annie seems to be doing well with her son, and that the war is over. Johanna is still Johanna. She never changed, she's still arrogant, and cocky. Beetee hasn't changed much either. He's working in the TV business, behind the scenes of course. What I mean is the broadcasting part of it. Peeta and I seem more relaxed since last time, which we are thankfully. We rely on each other for everything these days.

She keeps talking and talking. I'm about to lose it. I don't want these games to go down. I want peace, and this isn't peace. "Paylor." I say standing up. She looks over to me, raising her eyebrows. "These games are a mistake!" I blurt out quickly.

"And why is that?"

"Do we really want to do this?" I ask addressing the rest of the victors. "I mean, didn't we fight and go to war to stop all this?" Some nod their heads. "Paylor I do not wish to go through with this, and I was angry because my sister was killed when we voted. I want to change my vote to no."

"You don't have the athority to-"

I cut her off. "Hell I don't! I was the God damn mockingjay!" The other victors just sit there staring at me.

"Yes, but you aren't now since we are not at war."

"Do you not understand? We will go to war again if we do this!"

"Katniss-" I don't even let her finish when I storm out of the meeting. I go to my floor and slam my bedroom door and I lock it. I have hot tears in my eyes. I lay on my bed, where I eventually pass out into a nightmare infested sleep of the war.