Chapter 3

Katniss's P.O.V.

After dinner we all go into the living room and watch TV, which actually has shows on it, like the talk show with Caesar Flickerman, or the game show with Plutarch Heavensbee, which is ironic because he was head game maker for the 75th games. I shake the thought from my head as we watch his show.

We watched that show for a while. Laughing at the people trying to get away with things. It was like truth or dare, but they were all dares, and you get paid for doing so. We shut off the tv, and Peeta and I went back to our room, and get ready for bed.

I sit on the bed, my legs folded, lost in thought. I feel two strong arms around me. Peeta's head sits on my shoulder, and he softly kisses the exposed skin from my tank top. I lean my head back, completly relaxed, and he kisses the side of my head.

I turn and face him, seeing nothing but love in his eyes, with a hint of mischife. I kiss him, and he imedietly does back. He pulls me on top of him, so I sit on his lap, legs on each side of his hips.

The kiss deepens making him moan softly. Our tongues battling for dominance. He lays me down completely, and he breaks the kiss. "Katniss..." He whispers. I put my finger up to his lips to silence him, knowing what he is going to say. I just kissed him again, and pulled his shirt over his head. I stare at his perfectly toned chest, with many scars of the past. I brush my fingers over them, and he holds my hand to his chest, feeling his strong heartbeat that comforts me so much. He kisses me again, and with one swift motion he pulls my shirt over my head, leaving my chest open. He starts to kiss my neck and down my shoulder and........

The door swings open with a loud bang, "Guys don't do anything stup-" Haymitch starts. "Don't do that!" He yells. I pull the sheet up to cover my chest in complete embarrassment. He goes over and takes Peeta by the ear, and out into the hall. I hear him yelling and telling him to stay in his room. He then comes back into my room. "What the hell are you doing?! Wait stupid question. Apparently him!" I turn bright red.

"We didn't get very far." I said in a mumble that Haymitch heard.

"Well it's a good thing that you didn't! It's a good thing that I did barged in, or you would have gotten pretty far!! We don't need a pregnant mockingjay that's actually pregnant this time!" He says closing the door so Effie won't hear. "What the hell are you thinking Katniss? Oh wait, another stupid question. You weren't!" I don't say anything and he just shakes his head in disgust. He quickly leaves, slamming the door behind him.

I just sit there on my bed in complete shock. Maybe he does actually care about us. Grabbing Peeta's shirt, I lay on my side cuddling with the shirt, breathing in his scent. I find myself drifting asleep, so I close my eyes, hoping that the night mares don't come tonight.

AN: AGAIN WITH HAYMITCH!!!!! Haha. Maybe the third time will be the charm, but who knows. Don't forget to comment, Love you!