Chapter 19

AN (by le lovely co-author) : OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! SOOOOO WE JUST SAW MOCKINGJAY!!! IT WAS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!! I CRIED AND LAUGHED AND CRIED AND DIED AND LAUGHED AND CRIED SO HARD! IM FANGIRLING SO HARD RIGHT NOW I CANT EVEN! So in celebration I'm posting Chapter 19. Sorry for it being short, but I promise the next chapter will make up for it! I do hope you all enjoy and GO SEE MOCKINGJAY! SPOILER ALERT! no finnick in his underwear :'( BUT ENJOY THE CHAPTER!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katniss POV:

The next morning I wake up to Peeta's alcohol making a reappearance. It makes me cringe and reminds me of the night I got drunk. I slowly get out of bed and open the bathroom door. The smell hits me first, which makes me want to turn around and leave right away, but the sight of Peeta like this makes me stay. He looks so vulnerable, like back in the cave. I open the medicine cabinet and take out some tablets that'll help him stop throwing up. I take out two and squat down next to him. I rub his back until he's done with this round. I hold out the pills to him and he takes them quickly before flushing the toilet and leaning back against the sink.

"How long have you been in here?" I ask getting him a small glass of water to rinse his mouth with.

"Not too long. Can I ask you something?" I nod. "Why do I feel like I got hit by a train?"

"Oh your head. Yeah got decked by Haymitch, plus you're hungover, and that's not the best combination to wake up to."

"Why exactly did Haymitch punch me?"

"You may or may not have let the whole Haymitch and Effie thing slip during your speech." I say sitting down next to him. There's a knock on the front door. "I'll be right back, why don't you get in the shower and get cleaned up." I get up and head downstairs. It's not long until I hear the shower running. There's knocking again on the door. "Just a sec!" I yell to them before opening the door. I open it to see Hazel standing on the other side. "Oh, hi Hazel." I say moving out of the way to let her inside. "What's going on?"

I follow her into my kitchen. "I just want to aplogize for my, and Haymitch's actions last night. That was un called for. I also want to apologize for Gale's absence. He couldn't make it because of train delays in District 2, but he will be here later today." I just nod. Honestly, I am a little angry with Gale, but I know it couldn't be helped.

"And I'm going to apologize for my husbands actions with being not so sensored with his words."

Hazel laughs. "No, I'm actually glad he did. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have known about the whole senario, and Haymitch wouldn't know not to cheat on me." That makes me laugh.

"True." I hear footsteps and I see Peeta walking down the stairs in just his shorts, shirt in hand. He walks into the kitchen and stops at the sight of Hazel.

"Oh hey Hazel." He says putting his shirt on. "Sorry about last night-"

"Save it. Katniss and I already talked about it. It's fine." She looks at the clock. "Well I have to get going, I have to make sure the kids aren't getting into trouble. Nice to see you Peeta." She says before leaving out the front door.

"What did she want?" Peeta asks sitting down at the table.

"She apoloized for last night, which you probably don't remember. Oh and that Gale's coming today." I say putting a pot of water on the stove.

"What? I thought he wasn't coming since he didn't show last night?"

"Well, Hazel said there were train issues in 2 yesterday. Do you want some tea?"