Chapter 8

AN: Sorry guys, I haven't updated in a while, but I'm getting sick, and school has been crazy. Love you guys, and here is chapter 8! enjoy. P.S. My friend wrote this chapter for me since I had writers block, and I'm sick.

I wake up the next morning exhausted from the nightmares of the night before. Peeta wasn't there. I felt a pang of disappointment in my chest. I got up and got dressed. I opened the door and immediately heard laughing from down the hall, in the dining room.

I walk down there, sitting at the table is Peeta and Annie holding baby Finnick. Haymitch sat next to her making weird faces causing little Finn and the others to laugh. I can't help but smile at the scene.

Then Peeta sees me standing in the doorway. "Morning Katniss." He says with a small smile. The others turn to look at me.

"Hey." I say.

Annie gets up with Finn in her arms and walks over to me. "I don't think you two have met yet." She says referring to the baby.

"Not officially." She smiles.

"Katniss meet Finnick Jr., Finnick meet Katniss. She's the one who helped your daddy when I was away." I feel a bit of blush creep to my face. "Would you like to hold him?"

"Umm... sure." Annie hands the baby over to me. I can't help but notice the many similarities between Finn and his father. The same sea green eyes, a small tuft of bronze hair. "Hey Finn." The baby laughs and grabs at my braid.

Peeta comes and stands next to me, wrapping his strong arm around me. "Just like his daddy." He says with a chuckle. I smile and look at Peeta. But that's where I made the mistake. Because as soon as I turned my head to look at him, the baby came in reach of my braid and grabbed it with his chubby little hands. It's been a while since I last saw a baby, and I'd forgotten how strong they are, but Finn certainly helped me remember.

"Ow ow ow Ow ow! Finn please let go of my hair." But the baby just laughed and stuck the new toy in his mouth. That's when Haymitch cracks up laughing. I send him a look but he's too busy laughing his ass off.

"Katniss!" Peeta says in surprise.

"Oh dear!" Annie says at the sight, "Finn what did I tell you about trying to eat peoples hair!" the baby just laughed. Annie took Finn out of my arms and got him to let go of the braid. "I'm so sorry Katniss! He just loves hair!"

I pick up the end of my braid now covered in baby drool. "Yeah I can tell." I say with a small laugh.

"You ok?" Peeta asks with a concerned look on his face. I laugh at his worried expression.

"I'm fine. It's just a little baby drool." I say waving the slobbery braid in his face. He quickly backs away, then laughs.

Haymitch comes over to us. "I like the little ankle biter." He ruffles Finns hair. "He's got spunk!"

Annie laughs. "He's always been a little rascal. Just like his papa." She smiles. "Well I should head back to my floor. Nice seeing you all."

"It's been a pleasure as always." Peeta says.

"Yeah and it was nice to meet Finn." I smile. She returns the smile and walks out of the room.

Haymitch chuckles to himself. "That kid's gunna cause Annie a lot of trouble someday."

"Oh come on Haymitch," I say. "He's just a baby. All babies like to grab at stuff and bite things."

"Yeah and who knows, maybe he just looks like Finnick, he could have Annie's personality." Peeta says.

"Heh yeah, well I'm going to go find Effie." He says walking toward the door. "It's not normal for her to sleep in this late." He walks out.

Peeta and I take one look at each other then burst out laughing as a certain image enters our heads.

"What's so funny?" a peppy capitol accent says behind us. We turn around and see Effie standing in the opposite door way.

"Oh nothing Effie," I smirk "Haymitch is looking for you."

Her eyes light up at his name. "Oh well I should probably go get him! I was just down talking to Paylor for a moment. Well bye bye!" and she messes with her wig as she hurries off to find Haymitch. As soon as she's out the door Peeta and I crack up again.

"Come on, let's get you some breakfast." Peeta says once he catches his breath. So we sit at the table to eat another wonderful capitol meal.