Chapter 2

AN: I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry. I have been super busy with sports, and my writing partner has been busy at band camp. Here is the loonnnnngggggg awaited chapter 2! enjoy!!!!!!!

~

Katniss's P.O.V.

We arrive at the Capitol late in the afternoon. Peeta and I had been restless the entire way. Once we arrive, we are greeted by attendants who take our bags and show us to our rooms.  They tell us that dinner will be in an hour and to be in the dining room down the hall ten minutes before.  I sit on my bed, and wonder what Peeta is doing. I don't know why we are in separate rooms, we have been living together for six months. I need him.

I lay down on my back with my legs hanging off the end of the bed. I hear a knock on the door so I get up and answer it. I see Peeta on the other side of the door. He looks upset. "Peeta, what's wrong?"

"I don't want these games." He says avoiding eye contact. I caress his face making look at me.

"Peeta, I don't either." He looks puzzled. "I don't want the blood on my hands. I only voted yes last time, because I wanted vengeance for Prim's death. I realize now that this isn't how it should be. She wouldn't want this." I say in a voice just barely above a whisper, and tears threaten to fall.

Peeta pulls me into a tight embrace, rocking me slowly as I cry into his chest. He whispers soothing things into my ear, and holds me until my tears subside. I pull away and look into his deep blue eyes, and it makes me smile. He leans in and kisses me gently, but passionate.

I pull away, a few moments later with the kiss still lingering on our lips. I pull him into my room and I shut the door behind us. My arms around his neck, and his are securely around my waist, locked into an embrace. I don't know how long we stay there, but it seems like forever.

It takes me back to before our second games, on the roof. Wishing we could be locked into this moment, and living in it forever. He lowers his head, burrying it in the crook of my neck, and I do the same, taking in his scent, cinnamon and dough, almost like a cinnamon roll, only not as sweet.

His lips make his way to my neck, kissing the skin softly. I let out a happy sigh and tighten my hold on him, and in return, his hands go to my hips pulling me right up against him. His lips make his way up to my cheeks and making his way to my mouth. I kiss him with everything I am, and his tongue grazes my lips, asking for entrance which I oblige.

The kiss intesifies, and he picks me up, and I wrap my legs around his waist. He walks over to the bed and sets me down, never breaking the kiss. I was just about to pull his shirt over his head, when there was a knock on the door. We instantly break the kiss and we try to straighten our selves out from those wonderful moments. When the coast is clear, we open the door to see Haymitch on the other side with a smug look on his face.

"What were you guys doing in there?" He asks reaising his eyebrows.

"Nothing." I said almost too quickly. Haymitch just looks at us nodding his head.

"Sure. Well we should be heading down to dinner." He says walking away in the direction of the dining room.

I look at Peeta and he gives me a kiss on the forehead. "We should go."

"Yeah." I said in agreement. We walk down the hall and into the dining hall hand in hand.

AN: So what did you guys think? How about that Katniss and Peeta moment? Damn you Haymitch. Always ruining the awesome moments! Anyway, please comment! Love you guys!!