Chapter 18

AN: WE ARE SO  SO SO SO SORRY!!!!!!! This has been a tough year for me and my co-author. My brothers graduating college, my dog died, and sports have kept me very busy. My co-author has had a lot of trouble with school and family issues. But we're going to try and do better and post more. We're so very sorry for the long wait and I promise we will post more or I will slap my co-author for not helping me post more! And if you like this chapter I'll just slap her for you! (help me!!! I'm her co-author. She has me chained and locked in her basement and forcing me to type all this. She beats me if I don't do good! Please send help!! Or a decent author that I can have in here with me. Oh god shes coming back.....) She's lying, it's not true! hahaha. Well enjoy this chapter and sorry again for the wait. (help me)

Chapter 18

~Katniss P.O.V.~

-Two Months Later-

I stand in front of the full length mirror watching my mother do my hair. I look at the white, orange tinted dress she forced me into, I wanted to just wear my jeans and have my hair in its usual braid, but she insists that I have to look good for my toasting. For Peeta’s sake she says. I laughed at that, but let her do what she wants. I look at myself in the mirror and recognize what she’s doing with my hair; it’s very similar to my reaping hair, only a tad more elegant.

“You’re done” She smiles at me in the reflection and I smile back. I notice she has tears in her eyes “I can’t believe my little girl is getting married”

“Thanks mom” I get up and hug her tight, she sniffles as she hugs me back. “But please don’t cry. I really don’t need tears right now” she laughs a bit.

“I’m sorry.” She says dabbing her tears but still smiling, “You’ve just grown up so fast…one second you’re my sweet little girl, falling on her butt in a mud puddle, and the next thing I know you’re all grown up and getting married!”

“I know mom, and who knew I would even be in this position, getting married” she nods a bit “I mean, just a year ago my mind wasn’t even on marriage”

“Yes I know. But here we are, at your toasting”

“Oh Katniss!” Hazel had just walked in and walks over to me “You look absolutely beautiful!”

I smile as she takes my hands and looks me up and down “Thank you Hazel.” She hugs me and I hug back. “Is it time to go?” she nods. I look over at my mother who’s already waiting at the open door. We go over to her and head out the door.

The toasting is at Peeta’s house, our future house. It’s so strange to think that in just a matter of minutes, I will go from being Miss Everdeen to Mrs. Mellark. Who actually knew I would be marrying the boy with the bread, the boy who survived the Hunger Games with me not only once but twice, we’ve survived a war together, the nightmares, the Capitol, and in all the shit I put him through, he still loves me. We walk out of my house toward his and I’m pulled from my thoughts when Posy runs up dressed in a pale yellow dress holding a bundle of wildflowers.

“Ooooo!! Katniss you look so pretty!!” She says with wide eyes. I smile at her.

“Thank you. You look very pretty too” she smiles wider.

“Can I be your flower girl?!” her eyes full of hope and excitement.

“Posy, I’m just going to do the toasting, I won’t need a-“ my voice falters when she gives me the big puppy eyes. I just can’t say no to that face. “Okay fine, you can be my flower girl”

“YAY!!!!” she skips over to Rory and Vick to tell them the news. I didn’t invite many people just my mom, the Hawthorns including Gale, Haymitch, Effie, Johanna, Beetee, and finally Annie and little Finnick.