Death is Foretold

The bell signaling the end of school year rung out. I was so excited because this was the summer before I graduated. A big group of friends and I decided we should hit up the movie theater. This big group contained my best friend (bff/n), Jessica, Ashley, Vonnie, Dale, Greyson, Alex, Jack, Dannie, Lacey, Jay, April and finally (h/n). 7 girls and 6 guys not including myself.

Truth be told I was more than excited, all I dreamed of was seeing a movie with him. Everyone in the group knew we had a thing but both of us were oblivious to it cuz, hey, you're teenagers.

All girls in one car and guys in the other. Taylor swift was currently blasting on the radio and I was seated in the back. I had chosen to wear a black tee, skinny jeans and a pair of red converse. The car stalled at a red light for two minutes and as the green light appeared, Ashley drove the car into the intersection. As soon as the words 'you belong with me' came on the car was t-boned by a speed demon.

The boy car was behind us, and the boys watched in terror. The car flipped six times and spun three times before coming to an abrupt stop. I attempted to lift my arm about three inches and screamed in agony, it was broken. Using all the upper body strength I obtained I pulled myself out of the broken window and fell to the ground. I was only followed by 5 other girls and I laid down on the concrete screaming and bawling when I saw two police officers arrive and pull out two lifeless bodies. The faces barely able to make out we're Lacey and Vonnie, killed by the sudden impact. The other girls had major injuries and I had minor cuts, bruises and one broken arm.

After what seemed to be forever, I was lifted onto a gurney. Everything was happening so fast but yet so slow, how is that possible? I felt myself slipping into a gaping darkness.

-----

Opening my eyes, I surveyed my bland surroundings. My arm in a cast with an I-V hanging, my head throbbed as I familiarized myself to be inside a hospital room and my parents haven't arrived yet.

"W-Where am I? How'd I get here?" I spoke.

"I watched it all." A voice spoke. "You were t-boned and you crawled out. I should've been there. I'm so sorry."

I turned and saw (h/n) sitting there, his eyes red and puffy seeming as if he cried. He got up and held my hand, then planted a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"I almost lost you, (y/n). I can't live without you." He spoke. "I love you."

"I love you too, (h/n)." I replied.

---------------
-indiscreetly_ashamed