Ice Date

I couldn't help but shiver in the brisk, chilly air. It was mid December and it was a cold night to be out and about, but hey, why not, am I right? Besides, I had a date tonight with the only guy that could give me all the feels. Although I was completely nervous, I was also very excited. My brain raced at the thought of seeing his beautiful smile. I had been distracted in thought of him that I didn't realize he had walked up to me. He waved a short wave and let his pearls emerge from his soft lips.

"Hey, (y/n), you ready?" He stuck his hand out for me to take.

"Oh, hey, y-yes, I am." I grabbed his hand and he lead me to ice rink.

We walked underneath the stars and lights of the outlets hand in hand. I had been on many dates with him but I was nervous tonight because it was the ice and I'm not good at skating or balancing for that matter.

"How many?" The boy behind the counter asked.

"Two please." (H/n) spoke.

"Thirty six dollars."

(H/n) placed down a few bills on the counter to cover the expenses. He then led me to the other counter to pick out our skates. I slipped off my boots and slipped on the ice skates. I fumbled with them for a moment before he helped me by tightening them.

I'm so nervous, I'm going to fall, he'll laugh and I'll look so dumb. Look at those couples, even the six year olds can skate better than I can. Oh man. Oh man. Here we go.

"Hey, hey, you alright? You can do this I promise." He helped me onto the ice and interlaced our fingers.

"Yeah, okay, I'll try." I smiled nervously.

"That's all I can ask of you." He smiled again as I let my free hand grasp the wall to my right.

I was shaking, slipping, squealing a little and laughing after a moment. He watched me, helping as we went. We talked about various things like school, plans for the future and eventually how I hadn't fallen yet. So I decided it was time to brave up and let go of the wall.

"Okay, here I go, you promise you got me?" I laughed despite the hint of seriousness in my voice.

"Always. I promise. You've got this (y/n)." He led me away from the wall and I skated as well as I could in the moment.

Pretty soon I got ahold of it, I went faster with him and then I suddenly started to slip. I turned and grabbed his shoulder to steady myself and blushed.

"See? This is why I can't get a big head." We laughed in harmony and I straightened out.

We continued for a bit more before he slowed down, I noticed and I grew nervous. Maybe it was what I said.

"What's wrong?" I ask

"Uhm, it's that I have enjoyed your company and I want to get to know you better. I just have a question..." He stepped off the ice.

I stepped off with his help and he lifted my chin, tilting it to look at him.

"Y-Yes?" I ask

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He held his breath quietly for a moment, bracing for my answer.

"Yes." I smiled

"Really? Like for real?" He exposed his pearls again.

"Yeah... I really like you. I want to get to know you more."

"Yes!" He shouted. Then quietly added. "You ready to go?"

I giggled, nodded yes and a few steps and small slip ups later we gave our skates back. Then we started walking down the outlet sidewalk.

"Thank you for the best date ever, (h/n)."

"No, thank you, (y/n)." He stopped us for a moment.

Staring in my eyes he pulled me closer and kissed me softly, gently like then pulled away. As we looked up into the stars snow started to liter itself along the area. We smiled and continued walking.

----------------

-indiscreetly_ashamed