Ice Cream Shoppe

This is not a request, this is a normal chapter to get myself back and starting! Here we go.

-----------

Tuesdays. Tuesdays are the worst, well, the worst for work days. I've worked at Lilly's Ice Cream Shoppe for a solid year now and during the summer Tuesdays happen to be the busiest. That is not the reason I hate Tuesdays though. The reason I hate this day of the week, is none other than the fact that (h/n) works with me. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate him, no, I love him. I've been in love with him since week 2 (We didn't talk until then.) and it's quite tragic because that also was when I found out he had a girlfriend. His girlfriend was my best friend.

Due to this tangled web, I always avoided him. I didn't want to be the homewrecker, if he left her because of me then I'd hate myself. So instead, I stick to avoiding him but somehow I still work Tuesdays alongside (h/n).

I turned the light switch on, illuminating the quaint shoppe, the colors coming to life. I proceeded to turn on the ice cream machines and placed all toppings along the bar.

From behind, I heard the bell from the door jingle, my first customer.

"I'll be right with you!" I chirped

"It's not a customer, it's me (y/n)." (h/n) spoke

"Oh, um h-hey. What's up?" I fidgetted with the spoons.

"Not much, you okay?" He cares, another reason why I'm in love with him.

"Yeah, just getting ready for the day." I responded

When I turned around to actually great him, his face was red and puffy. I felt a vibration in my apron and pulled out my phone.

'(h/n) dumped me, ice cream night?' - (b/f/n)

"You broke up with her? Why?" I asked

"Yeah, I um, I'm not in love with her, watching her cry after I ended things only made me cry. I feel awful but I couldn't lead her on, ya know?"

A customer entered through the doorway and got in line.

"Can we finish later?" I asked

"Uh, yeah." He smiled

"That'll be 6.73 please." I informed the customer "Thank you for coming, have a nice day."

------closing up------

The day had been long and tiring, I've never been happier to close up for the night. Only one thing plagued my mind, if he's not in love with her, who is he in love with? Probably that really cute brunette he talks to, she comes in just for him I have been informed. Or, maybe the blonde coworker, what was her name again? Curry, Kerry or Kaylee maybe. I never liked her, no reason to learn her name.

"Okay, I've gotta know, why'd you leave her again?" I was curious

"I left her because I'm not in love with her, I'm in love with someone else." He explained

"Kerry?" I offered

"No not Kaylee." He laughed.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I opened my mouth to give another name but he cut me off.

"No, (y/n), I'm in love...." He paused "with you."

"What? What about (b/f/n)? She's gonna kill me. But why me? Since when? I mean I'm in love with you too but I ca-" I rushed

"Wait, you love me too?" He asked

"Yeah. I do. I love you too." I explained

"But you avoid me." He questioned.

"Because she's my best friend (h/n)." I spoke "it's the right thing to do."

"So if I try and kiss you right here, right now, you'd push me off? I'm standing here in front of you telling you that I love you. Don't push me away, (y/n)."

It was like a slow motion romantic movie, the way he walked across the room and took my face in his hands, delicately pressing his lips to mine. I couldn't help it, I kissed him back with all I had in me, gentle yet passionately. I love him, he loves me and what could go wrong with that?

--------

Hey guys!!

I am so excited that I get to write these again! I've missed it! Hope y'all enjoy!! Vote, comment and share!

Remember to follow me and vote on the previous chapter, the IMPORTANT, (MUST READ). Thanks guys. Mwah.

-indiscreetly_ashamed