Really? Why me?

I grabbed my things off the desk, placed them in my tote and locked my office door.  I said goodbye to my secretary Mary, walked into the elevators and traveled to the lobby. My day had been filled with mild phone calls, employees not filing the reports they were supposed to and complaints from my boss. I had grown tired by 10:30 am, having a hard time not watching the clock to see how close it was till I got to leave. Finally at 5 pm it was time to leave and I practically ran out the building. I walked across to the parking lot and unlocked my car. I sat in the car for a moment, thought about my day and after a while I started to cry.

    After crying for 15 minutes, I started my car and pulled out the garage. I grabbed my phone and turned on Bluetooth so I could call through the car. I called my husband, (h/n) but the phone rang 3 times and went to voice mail. I grew even more frustrated at that moment and decided I best get an ice cream. Ice cream constantly bringing me joy. I'm not fat, I weigh about 150 and I'm 5'8 but I eat ice cream when I'm frustrated. I pulled through Dairy Cream.

"Hi, what would you like?" They asked

"Just a peppermint oreo blizzard please. Size medium." I respond

"Okay that'll be $5.47 at the first window."

"Thanks." I say and pull up to the first window.

"$5.47 please." I hand her the money. "Thank you, you may pull up again, have a nice day ma'am."

I grab my ice cream and drive off after pulling up.

       I start towards home again. I make it to the gate and pull up to the house. There's a bright, cherry red Mustang in the driveway. We don't own one, that's the weird part. Oh well, probably a friend.

     I park and get out, entering our 8 bedroom house, I place my coat on the rack. I place the keys on the hook and proceed to use the bathroom. After I get out I call out for (h/n) but he doesn't answer.

    I walk down the corridor to his office, not there. I check Annaleigha's room, Josiah's room and the kitchen. I guess the kids went to their friends house. I walk up the stairs of our house to my office and sit in the chair. I'll find him in a moment after I take a seat for a while.

   I look around in my office and find a piece of paper, I write a few groceries and tasks that I need to take care of on it and fold it

   I look around in my office and find a piece of paper, I write a few groceries and tasks that I need to take care of on it and fold it. I walk down to my bedroom, I hear a noise not any old noise, like something being slammed.

     I open the door and there is my husband with another woman in bed together. I stand there very shocked while they come to realization that I caught them. She wraps herself in my sheets. He stares at me.

"I can explain!" He says

"Shut the f up!" I say. "How long? How long has this been happening?"

"Only a mon-" He tries.

"11 & 1/2 months tomorrow." The blonde says.

He glares at her and she shrugs.

"Get out." I mumble.

"Baby, no, please!"

"Get out of my f'ing house." I scream. "And you, you little h*e bag, you're nasty, you're sick. Get out before I shoot you."

     She takes my sheets off and throws on his shirt and runs out the house. He leaves with her and I slam the door and scream. Tears fall to the ground and I fall in sync. My hands holding my head, I cry like never before. I just found out he was cheating on me for almost a year and what am I supposed to tell my kids?

--------------------
Indiscreetly_ashamed