Nightmares

I sprung up, screamed and tried to muffle my cries. It didn't work as well as I intended. My boyfriend shifted and turned over. This was the 5th time this week I've woken up from the nightmare. The same one plagues my unconscious body, leaves me in a cold sweat and the cries get louder. I had been afraid to fall asleep each time because of the night mare.

The nightmare is the same. The nightmare is the same. I'll be okay. It's not real. It's not real.

I laid down, placing my head against the pillow and pulling the blanket over my arms. My boyfriend sleepily kissed my neck and pulled me into him. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

The nightmare:

"Hey baby." (h/n) speaks from the kitchen.

"Hey love, whatcha doing?" I ask

"Making food, I'm glad you are home." He continues.

"I'm glad to see you." I speak.

He walks over to me and kisses me. He then goes to stirring again. He smiles while cooking and pours an unknown bottle into his bowl. He serves the bowls and we sit down to eat. After a while, he clutches his chest and falls from the chair.

"You made me do this. You make me hate living, so I'm doing this for me and because of YOU!" He screams at me.

Then he's gone.

The nightmare goes black.

I spring up again screaming louder and cry out viciously. I sob really hard into the sheets. I shake with every force known to man. I cover my mouth to keep from waking him. That doesn't work. My boyfriend sits up. He rubs his eyes, pulls me close and kisses my forehead. He coughs lightly and straightens up.

"Baby, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He speaks in his sexy, scruffy voice.

"Um, nothing." I breathe out as I cry.

"It's something." He says "Tell me."

"Do you hate living.... be-because of me?" I ask quietly.

"Where would you get that idea? I love you. I live for you, because of you." He encourages. "What happened in the dream?"

"In my dream you always kill yourself.... and always blame me for it." I explain

"Oh baby. No, no, no. I want you in my life. I love you so much." He kisses me.

"I've had this dream many times though. I wake up screaming, go to sleep and fear this nightmare." I breathe

"Baby, I promise I love you. I promise I'll always be here for you. Tell me if somethings wrong." He hugs me.

I smile, he pulls me onto his lap and kisses my neck softly. I giggle and blush slightly. I hug him around his neck and take in his scent.

"You know, you are really cute when waking up in the middle of the night." I giggle.

"Oh yeah?" He smiles.

"Mhmm." I giggle again.

He shifts so we are laying down again. He pulls me close to where the gap between us is closed. He holds me tight, places his face in the crook of my neck and breathes against it.

"I love you baby. You are so precious." He speaks

"I love you too. Thank you" I whisper.

"Alright let's get some rest." He whispers back.

And just like that, the nightmare has vanished.

-----------------
Indiscreetly_ashamed