No love

KATNISS'S POV

(A MONTH LATER)

I wake up to crying from Finnick and soon followed by Prim. I roll over and am about to get out of bed when Peeta says

"No, its alright, I'll get them. You get some rest." He gets up and takes the twin downstairs for feeding. I cant help but get annoyed at Peeta.

Me and Peeta have been struggling to look after the twins after mum left. We knew it would be hard enough with one baby but we have two and its overwhelming. Peeta has been helping with them but I still feel like he wants to do everything and have control.

I feel like im worthless because he is doing everything for me. He is starting to get on my nerves. I no he is only like that because he wants to do everything in his power to help with the babies, but its annoying.

He comes back a short while later with Prim and Finnick and sets them down in their cribs and gets back into bed. He wraps his arms around me and kisses the top of my forehead. I snuggles in his protective, warm arms.

I haven't had a nightmare in a while but Peets had a flashback about a week ago. It wasn't very strong, so we could deal with it. He came out of it about 10 minutes after it started and he didn't hurt the twins or me , but he was apologising. 

Its not even his fault that this happened to him. I love that Snow is dead now because of what he has done to Panem, the districts and my Peeta.

I quickly fall asleep in his arms.

NEXT AFTERNOON...

Me and Peeta have had a lazy day. We have just been sitting with the twins and watch the T.V.

"Im going to wash the dishes, okay" I say getting up and going into the kitchen.

"No Its alright I'll do it" Peeta says getting up walking ahead of me. The babies are asleep upstairs.

"No Peeta I will do it!" I pressed.

"Kat, I'll do it. You can get some rest" He said calmly pouring water into the sink.

" Peeta I dont need rest! All I have done is rest because you keep doing everything" I snapped

"Kat I didn't mea-" He said looking really hurt and sorry.

" No Peeta. All you have done is make me feel worthless and I dont even think I can be around it" I said angrliy looking at him then looking down

"But Kat I'll stop if you want I just thought I woul-" Peeta said but I cut him off. I didnt want to here it

"Peeta you have been getting on my nerves for a month, Its not just doing everything for me is the problem. There are other things and I just cant stand to be around you anymore"

"What are you saying?" He asks worryingly and skeptical.

"Im saying I dont love you" I shouted in his face.

"You dont mean that" He looked at me with a tear in his eye and turning off the water for washing up the plates

"No Peeta I do mean it!" I shouted

Peeta took me hands in his and pulled me close looking into my eyes."No you dont, your just tired and worked up from the twins. There new borns and there a lot of work so-" He said calmly

"NO PEETA, I would be because there is no way in hell I would be because you do EVERYTHING! You dont understand" I shout and pull myself from his grasp.

Peeta starts crying "So when I-I a-asked you a f-few weeks ago w-w-weather you loved me and y-you said yes. That w-was a lie?" He struggled to say between sniffles

I look down and say "Just go" And Peeta reluctant at first, runs away.

Thanks for reading x :P