Children

PEETA'S POV

Im so confused right now.

Does Katniss have kids? Of course she does, otherwise she wouldn't be with them. Or does she babysit? If yeah then whos kids are they? I doubt they'd be Haymitch's, he doesn't strike as the kind of person to have kids. I just dont know.

I hate being this way. I hate that I dont know anything. I run out of my house and she looks confilcted about something, It looks like she was going to bolt, but she stays frozen to the spot.

As I approach the kids run at me shouting something, but I cant hear. They run to my legs, one wraps their arms around my left leg and the other puts her arms up in the air gesturing me to pick her up.

I dont even know them and there acting like they do. The little girl starts to get tears in her eyes as I dont pick her up. Katniss quickly walks forward and picks them up whilst saying "sorry"

The little girl buries her face in Katniss's shirt. I upset her. I may not know her but I dont like upsetting children. I walk to her and pat her back and say "Sorry, dont cry" 

She sniffles a bit but doesn't look up at me. "Dont worry, she'll be fine....I uh have to go." Katniss says ushering to her house.

"oh. okay but can I ask you something first?" I asking her. I want to ask who's kids they are.

"If its about these two little troublesomes then can we talk later because I have to look after these two.?"

Oh. I was hoping to ask her now but I guess it could wait until tomorrow. "Okay...I'll see you tomorrow then" I say and she nods and walks away into her house.

KATNISS'S POV

I walk away from Peeta feeling embarssed and a whole bunch of other emotions. The kids were screaming 'Daddy! Daddy!' at him and he didn't even notice. He didn't flinch. He just stood there.

I was scared he would reconise them and think they are his. He would be all over the place if he found out they were.

I dont know what to say to him tomorrow. I probably say, If he asks, that their dad is gone but he will be back soon.

 I sit with the kids the rest of the day They keep asking why daddy was acting weird. I decide its time I tell them whats going on to help them understand a bit better. But Im going to dumb it down alot.

"Daddy isn't feeling well at the moment and in order to get better its best you dont call him daddy. Its only because daddy is very confused at the moment and he needs to sort things out first before he can come back to us."

"But whats wrong with him?" Prim asks

"He just isn't feeling well"

"Okay" They say frowning looking at the floor

"Dont worry, Daddy will get better soon" I say hugging them and they nod.

TOMORROW...

Peeta just walked through my front door and asked "Are they your kids?"

"Yeah there mine"

"How old?"

"2 Years"

"what are their names?" He asks being really curious.

"Primrose and Finnick" I smile

"Wheres there father?" He asks. This is the question I have been dreading, but I stick to my guns and say

"Hes gone away for a while, but will be back soon"

"Oh okay, who is he?"

"A guy I fell in love with a long time ago" I say looking into his eyes. He quickly adverts them away from mine.

"So...what did have in mind for today?" He asks

I felt guilty about what I said because he is now uncomfertable

"I thought you could bake something"

"Why?"

"Becuase you used to love it"

"Okay, but I dont know how to bake, or the recipe"

He doesn't know how to bake? I cant believe that. "Well I got some recipes and I'll show you how to do it" Im rubbish at baking but I'll try.

Once we get going Peeta picks it up easily. Its like its all coming back to him. Thats good. I hope he is like that with everything else. We spend the rest of the day just baking bread, cookies and cakes. Once Peeta started he didn't want to stop.

Eventually he goes home and I fall asleep hugging the twins. They wanted to sleep with me beside them, so I did. Again I fall asleep to nightmares about the games and the rebellion. I wish Peeta was here to wrap his arms around me to protect me against them.

Tonight Its about Peeta getting tortured by Snow. Throughout the night I wake up about 5 or 6 times from nightmares. I miss Peeta.

Hope you liked it xx

Im soooo sorry I haven't updated in a while, sorry. Iv'e got science exams coming up and Iv'e been craming in revision.

'Do not ever let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do' John Wooden

I know these quotes are a bit weird but all of the ones I write mean something to someone in my family xx :P

Thanks for reading ! :P