Memory loss

HAYMITCH'S POV

The kids keep asking me to take them over to their parents and I finally give in. Its been a while since the accident at the bakery and Peeta must have woken up by now. He might even want to see them.

I put their coats, pick them up and open the door to walk down the path to Katniss and Peeta's house. Prim plays with my hair on the way, she seems to do it alot and enjoys it.

Finn just sits quietly looking at my ears. He does that a lot too, but I still dont get why he is so facinated by my ears.

"Wheres daddy?" Finn asks

"He is in there and Im sure he is bursting to see you" I say gesturing towards their house.

I open their door a little saying "Hello?" not to loud or too quiet but loud enough for someone to hear from the living room. No answer

I fully open the door and look around. I didn't notice at first, but when I did, I screamed for Katniss. She came out of the kitchen holding a glass of water with a confused look on her face "what?!"

As soon as she sees him, she drops the glass, sending it crashing to the floor, shattering in to thousands of peices and wetting the floor, with the water the glass was holding. She screams and runs to an unconcious Peeta at the bottom of the stairs covered in his own blood.

The kids jump out of my grasp as it was becoming weaker by the second because of the scene unfolding infront of me. They run to Peeta and tug on his shirt "Daddy wake up, Daddy?" Prim says.

"Haymitch can you take the twins, I need to go to the hospital" Katniss said trying to stay as calm as she can be her voice still sounds pannicked. Of course it is going to be pannicked, If you just found your husbund on the floor unconcious covered in blood, after he had been attacked. Im sure you would be pannicked.

"Of course Katniss, I'll drop them off at Sae's and then come to back here to take you to the hospital. Okay? you just stay with him" I say rushing to pick Prim and Finn up.

"Thanks Haymitch" She says kissing Peeta's head. I rush out the door and run towards Sae's house.

KATNISS'S POV

After Haymitch left, I couldn't hold it in much longer and started crying histerically. "Peeta! please dont leave me, please just open your eyes" I say even though I know he wont because he must have just fell down the stairs causeing unconisiuosness. I can believe I didn't hear him fall.

I hold his hand and kiss his head with tears running down my face. Haymitch comes back within 5 minutes, picks up Peeta, puts him in the back of the car. I sit next to Peeta in the back and Haymitch drives us to the hospital.

 ~~ 4 Hours later ~~

The doctor said Peeta will wake in few minutes and that he just had a cuncussion from the first attack and it still was wearing off when he was walking up the stairs and he probably slipt because he wasn't in conplete control of his limbs.

I feel terrible about what happened because If I had helped Peeta up the stairs he wouldn't have fallen. Peeta starts stirring and opens his eyes. He looks worried and scared. "Whats going on?" He says

"You have suffered a major cuncussion Mr Mellark, but you are free to go today" The dotor says

"Whats going on? Who are you?" Peeta asks the doctor

The doctor turns to me because he sences my confusion "This should be normal, he is very disorientated, but it should wear off soon. You can take him home now if you want" He says and I nod