The nightmare

Im going on holiday tomorrow so I probaly wont be able to update, it matters if I get wifi where im going. So depending on that, I wont be able to update for a week. Im sorry :(

Anyway heres the next chapter...hope you like it :P

PEETA'S POV

I wake to a sleeping Katniss snuggling into me. Here head on my chest with a arm beside her and our legs entwined and my arms around her and we are stark naked. She looks so peaceful when shes asleep.

Then my mind wondered back to what happened last night. I think we defiantly had fun sealing the moment. I start laughing a little but not out loud because I dont want to wake Katniss. 

Last night was great, we ate, we talked about personal thoughts, we danced and we did it. I want to have another night like this with her. it was special. But I do miss the twins. It feels weird not being with them at the moment.

I usually look after them in the morning while Katniss sleeps in. I hope their alright with Haymitch looking after them. 

Katniss starts to stir and says "Peeta Im sorry, I diddn't mean to" in her sleep. I dont know what shes talking about but it might be a nightmare. But shes not tossing and turning.

My thoughts stop when she opens those beautiful grey eyes that are staring at me. She starts to smile at me "Morning beautiful" I say to her

"Morning sweetie" she says in reply and I kiss her. 

"Did you enjoy our night out?" She teases

"Of course. How could I not" I joke back to her. She laughs. We just lay there for a while in each others arms until we feel like we have to go back to see the twins. Whilst walking back hand in hand I say 

"Did you have a nightmare last night because you were saying you sorry and you didnt mean it?, I dont mean to pry but Im worried" I turn to her.

She looks down as if she was feeling guilty about something "yes, but it was only a mild one" She says. I can tell shes lying. I always have but I decide not to push it because we such a good night and I dont want to spoil today.

We walk through the front door and Haymitch is there on the floor with Prim on the floor in front of him and Finnick in his arms. He looks like he is enjoying spending time with them He looks up a notices us staring at him. 

"You two have fun?" He says with a smirk and a smile tugging in the corners of his mouth. "Yes of a matter of fact. We did" Katniss says back smirking as well. Haymitch's smile has fully formed now.

"How were the twins?" I ask walking over to them followed by Katniss. i pick up Fin and Katniss picks up Prim. "Fine, they were fine. But I can go now, right?" He asks. "Yes and thanks" I say and Haymitch walks out.

"I missed you two. Did you have fun with uncle Haymitch?" I say to them. Prim makes a noise and Finn just laughs. "Well it sounds like you did so i think we could leave you with him again" I suggest looking at Katniss, who is looking out of the window.

Shes got something else on her mind. "Hey Kat. Whats up?" She snaps her attention to me with a tear in her eye. I put my arm around her but she shrugs it off. Im a little hurt by that. She sets Prim down in the playpen and so do I with Finn. She turns to me.

"Katniss, whats wrong? you have been weird ever since I asked you about your nightmare" I say

She snaps her head to face me "Huh?" She says "Did you say something?" She asks me looking totally bewildered. I run my hands up and down her arms. "Katniss honey are you alright?" sounding really worried.

I am really worried. "Nothings wrong. Im fine. honestly Peeta, im fine." She reassures me. I dont really believe her though. "Kat are you sure? It looks like something is bothering you" I look into her eyes and they show worry. Im scared for her, she doesn't seem herself.

"Peet, Im afraid my nightmare will come true" She confesses leaning in to bury her face in my chest weeping. "Kat, dont worry I wont happen. The nightmare was only that, a nightmare. I figment of your imagination." I hug her

"But Peet that first part of it just happened, we walk through the door to see Haymitch with the twins on the floor looking like he enjoyed it and then this happened. Us playing with the twins. Its only a matter of time till the next thing happens" She weeps, the words pouring out of her mouth so fast.

It took me next to a second to say "Shh, shh Katniss. Nothing bad will happen to us or anything around us" and she looks up at me.

"But Peet how can you know that, when you dont even know what happens?" She questions looking into my eyes and me looking into her teary-eyed ones.

"Because nothing bad can happen to us. What else can the world throw at us? We've survived two games, a rebellion and birth of the twins and we did it together. Not that I physically gave birth" I say and laugh a bit. So does Kat. Its nice to see her smile and laugh.

I continued to say "The point is we can face anything thrown at us as long as were together and guess what?" I asked

"What??" She asked sniveling.

"We are together so we can face anything. I love you Katniss" I say and she looks up to me. I kiss her on the fore head. "I love you to Peeta" She says hugging me and I hug her tightly.

"What was your dream about?" I ask just because I can reassure her it wont happen more and Im curious what is getting her so worked up.

She looked up at me and saw the worry in my eyes and pulled out of the hug to pick up Prim. She hugs Prim hard, but not enough to harm her. The her eyes train on me.

"I dreamt I lost you and Prim"

Hope you liked it.

Thanks for reading !! xx :)