No love again

KATNISS'S POV

I went to the doctors with the kids yesterday and he said that they are developing alot faster than the normal rate. He says they will be fine as long as we keep an eye on them.

He says it means that they can recept information and feed it back to us, meaning they can understand some information better than other kids at their age.

Its been three weeks since the twins birthday. Its also three weeks since Peeta's flashback which lead to the twins no longer trusting him. Peeta has been trying so hard to gain their trust back, but its no use.

Finnick is frightened of him. He wont let Peeta feed him, help him or do anything for him. He begins to cry when Peeta tries and immediately calls for me.

Primrose is the same but even more scared of him, she wont even let him touch her. If he tries to pick her up, she squirms and begins crying until she is out of her grasp. And If he walks into a room, her smile turns to a frown.

It is killing Peeta inside, that his own kids dont want him around. I knew it would take time but I thought they would have came around by now. Ever time he tries with them, he fails, which causes a part of him to die.

Peeta is no longer happy, he doesn't even acknowledge me being in a room, let alone in front of him. He has been so distant, so vacant. We were sitting together on the sofa the other night and I was talking.

I asked him a question and he didn't notice that I was talking or asked him a question. He just looked forward into nothing with a tear threatening to leave his eye.

Peeta has also been off his food. He doesn't cook very much at home because the kids dont like him to. He has been spending more time at the bakery lately. He feels like if he spends more time there then the kids would be happier.

By the time he comes home, the kids are asleep. I feel like he has given up on trying to make things better. Peeta will be home within a few minutes and when he does I want to talk to him about things.

I dont know if he will want to because we dont even talk much because of how things have been.

He walks through the door and gives me a half-hearted smile and walks towards the stairs. He usually goes to bed when he gets home by I stop him in his tracks by asking him to come over to me and talk.

He sits next to me on a wooden chair in the kitchen. "What do you want to talk about?" He asks in a voice that sounded partly foreign. "I wanted to talk about the kids and your relationship with them" I say truthfully.

As soon as I finished my sentence peeta speaks "I feel like I dont even have one with them." admitting whilst turning to look down. 

"Sure you do Peeta. Its just-" i try to say when Peeta cuts in. 

"No I dont think I do have one. How can I have one when the cant even stand to be in the same room as me? when they dont let me touch them because they are scared I will hurt them?"

I dont know how to reply to that so I dont. I cant think of the right thing to say, so he continues "Im even afraid of what I could do next. I could hurt you in so many ways and could do nothing to stop it from happening" He admits again. I hold his arm and look into his eyes as he looks up.

"No Peet-"

"No Kat. i could do worse than I did last time. I really dont know why you put up with me" He says returning his eyes to the ground, until I turn his face to meet my eyes with his.

"I put up with you because I love you and that love is stronger than anything in the whole world. Nothing will change that, Peeta"

"I love you too Katniss, but Im not very confident Prim and Finn do" 

"Of course they do, they just dont understand that what happened is not your fault and you couldn't stop it" I pull him in for a long meaningful hug. I rest my chin on his head as he burys his face into my top.

He begins to sob and I kiss the hop of his head and run my fingers through his hair. "Shh Peeta. It will be fine" I say.

After a while of sitting there, we retreat to our bedroom, but not to do anything 'special' but to cuddle and sleep in each others arms. I feel like I have part of the old Peeta back.

But only part.

PRIM'S POV

( I know she is only 2 and a bit, but I wanted to show it from her POV)

Oh and this is from after katniss put her and Finn to bed, but she woke up to the sound of Peeta coming home and talking downstairs. She and Finn got up and are at the top of the stairs listening and Ive tried to make it sound like a little child talking, but it many sound to old for her. Sorry... :(

Me and Finnick are at the top of stairs listening to mummy and daddy talking.

"I dont even feel like I have one with them" daddy says.

It really hurt. Im afraid of daddy, but I love him. He carries on talking. it all really hurt me from inside when he talks about me and Finn like he is. But the thing that hurt the most was when he said.

"I love you too Katniss, but im not very confident Prim and Finn do"

He thinks i dont love him. I do, Im just scared of him because of what he did to mummy. Mummy did nothing, he just really hurt her for no reason. Daddy is nice and kind, but he was, angry and mean. He was red. i had never seen him like that.

But I love him, I have too. Me and Finn look at each other when we hear daddy crying. i have never seen him cry. 

I feel guilty for being mean to him, for crying when he was near. I can tell by Finn's eyes that he feels guilty too. We run back too bed before mummy and daddy could find us. I fall asleep hating myself.

Sorry...that probably didnt sound at all like an advanced 2 year old. I did try but i dont think it worked. 

Anyway, I hope you liked it :P

Thanks for reading xx